While a bright, bold lip will always be in style (and looks SO GOOD on people not named Laura and Jennifer)…we’ve always been pretty loyal to a nude lip. SO, we were psyched to see this look on the fall runways. Here are our picks for the best nude lipsticks, plus a few tips for a flawless application.
- Laura’s Favorite // Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Creme (#230) // This super creamy lipstick is infused with shea butter, making it extra moisturizing. It glides on really smooth and while it’s not matte, it’s definitely not super shimmer-y.
- Jennifer’s Favorite // Wet N Wild Megalast Lip Color in Bare It All (#902C) // Great color, great price.
- Laura’s Second Favorite // Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate in #113 // This is truly matte – a great look if you’re doing a sultry cat-eye and dramatic lashes. The only drawback is that the matte “lasting finish”can be kind of drying.
- Christa’s Favorite // LORAC Cream Lipstick in Long Kiss // Our friend and makeup guru Christa recommends this peachy nude. It feels great going on, and provides a hint more color than these others.
Once you’ve picked your shade, try these tips for an application worthy of a make-up pro:
- Exfoliate // Use a lip scrub, or improvise with an old toothbrush and vaseline.
- Apply Lip Balm // Choose one that’s waxy, not oily or glossy. Easy does it.
- Apply Concealer// Pat it on and around your lips with your finger. This neutralizes the natural pink of your lips.
- Line Lips // Use a nude liner one shade darker than your skin tone, and then fill in your whole lip with the pencil to create a neutral base.
- Apply lipstick //
- Apply gloss // Use a clear gloss with no shimmer or sparkle. TA-DA!