Happy Thanksgiving! Words can’t express how thankful we both are for our wonderful families, friends (especially each other!) and (of course) our readers. If you haven’t made place cards for today’s feast, check out this printable from Almost Makes Perfect and get everyone talking about what they’re most thankful for this year.
This marinated turkey breast is perfect if you have a small (or health-conscious) crowd. Make it for Friendsgiving and impress all your…friends.
L’s mom reminded her of this super-easy recipe yesterday. We had to share!
Marinated Turkey Breast
(Yield: 6-8 servings)
What You Need:
- 1 5-7 lb turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
What You Do:
- Place turkey breast in browning bag and place in shallow roasting pan.
- Combine parsley, oil, salt, pepper and vinegar.
- Pour marinade over turkey breast.
- Seal bag and bake at 300 degrees for 4-5 hours.
- Serve hot with pan drippings,
(From Second Round: Tea Time at the Masters, an essential cookbook for every Glitter Girl!)
I mean have you ever really seen a turkey carving go well? Now. You. Have. Thanks to PureWow.
If you are not the designated bird handler this year, pass this video along to the one holding the knife.
Gobble Gobble, Y’all!
It may not seem like it now, but your Thanksgiving can be a stress-free success. Whether you’re hosting Thanksgiving this year or just attending a feast, we have your serving | entertaining essentials covered. Also… Do. Not. Forget. The. Wine.
Start pulling out your china and cookware, girls. The 27th will be here before we know it!
It’s not easy finding glasses you love. Not to mention adorable and affordable glasses. Lucky for you, we’ve found it.
GlassesShop.com has it all, girls. Regardless the shape or color you’re looking for, they have it. BONUS: those prices.
It’s your lucky day. GlassesShop.com is offering The Glitter Life readers 20% off with code GLITTER20. Get your orders in and thank us later.
Always remember. Geek is chic.
This post is sponsored by GlassesShop.com, but thoughts are 100% our own.
Okay, so…we haven’t been cooking NEARLY as much as we used to/should be. Life is crazy busy, etc etc. Which means that when we DO get a chance to relax and cook a meal, we
are super proud of ourselves get excited and want to share the recipes with you.
Last weekend, L made Mussels Magnifico for the Joes. Don’t be intimidated – this recipe is super easy and quick. And also the perfect excuse to open a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. Not that we needed one.
What You Need:
- 2 pounds mussels (we used frozen, vacuum-packed mussels – don’t judge us, they’re stupid easy)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped (we really, really love garlic – if you don’t, you can use less)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (we like Cento brand, in the tube – give it one epic squeeze)
- 1 large tomato, diced, with skin on (or use 3 Roma tomatoes)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 cup Sauvignon Blanc or other dry white wine of your choice (check out Wine Folly for advice on pairings)
- Lemon slices
- 1 loaf crusty bread
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add onion and saute until golden. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients, except the mussels. Bring to a simmer. Stir well and adjust seasoning if necessary. Cover.
- In the meantime, bring water to a boil in large pot. When water is boiling, add mussels (in bag, in our case) and cook for 7 minutes.
- Divide mussels among four plates. Spoon sauce over each and serve with crusty bread.
**Recipe adapted from several sources, including The Fajdich Times
Guess what, Glitter Girls… TODAY IS LAURA’S BIRTHDAY! You know what time it is.