YAY for the weekend. It’s actually sunny today – we’re crossing our fingers this lasts for a few days. Here’s what we’re loving right now!
1. Nude Lip. After a winter of bright red lips, we’re really feeling this pared down nude lip. Now, if we can just get a tan…
photo: the beauty department.
2. Homemade Pizza. L and Joe made this delicious Spinach Artichoke Pizza (sans artichokes – forgot them at the store!) this week, and it’s probably making a reappearance on Sunday night. It’s super easy, and we love the combination of flavors. Even Baby Joe gobbled it up.
photo: two peas and their pod
3. Mimosa caddy. Making mimosa caddies is tops on our spring to-do list because we love champagne, we love pink, and we love DIY. And just because.
photo: a fabulous fete.
4. ASOS Floral Midi Skirt. J’s wearing this adorable floral midi to brunch in NYC during her bach party. Stay tuned for details!
photo: merricjk’s art.
5. Good read. We love this article about finding your style when you hit 30.
photo: cupcakes and cashmere.
J and L reunite at Mount Vintage this weekend for J’s bridal shower – hope you guys get to spend the weekend with good friends, too!
We recently spent a cold, winter day immersed in spring styles at Atlanta Market. Read on for our behind-the-scenes look at S/S 15!
mamie ruth never disappoints. designer Emily Bargeron (pictured) always stays true to her boho roots and creates unique pieces that our Dish customers love. we can’t wait for Emily to visit us on March 11 for a Mamie trunk show!
two-piece sets are going to be EVERYWHERE this spring. we picked up a few for Social.
at HOBO, we stocked up on our favorite styles and picked up a few newbies we think are destined to be classics. we especially loved the ivory snake pattern and ordered it in a few styles (okay, every style).
we chose pretty poppy as the accent color in our first spring BCBGeneration delivery.
this genius Mamie Ruth recycled leather bag (made from leather fragments) is both green AND inexpensive. plus, each one is totally unique. we ordered a bunch for Dish.
can you keep a secret? we scooped this new line for Dish. can’t wait to watch it fly!
we’re beyond excited to carry TOMS sunglasses at Sole this spring. great company, great cause, great design, great fit. we both ordered pairs for ourselves!
we both freaked for MacBeth, an adorable preppy line we’re adding at Sole.
prints + patterns + paisleys for Dish.
we fell in love with the pom-pom tops and paper-bag-waist shorts in the BCBGeneration summer delivery.
this is dixie. she says bye.
A few weeks ago we gave you a sneak peek of a photo shoot our friends at Colonial House of Flowers and Alva + Austrie did for Pottery Barn Weddings. The post is now live! Check out the gorgeousness here. Here’s our favorite pic of the shoot.
dish associate maggie buckley wearing our best-selling piko dress and dani rae agate necklace…pouring one of our favorite wines into our basic glassware. call 912-871-3989 to order dress, necklace and wine glass.
We’re sticking close to home this weekend. Can’t. Deal. With. This. Weather. Read on for our top five things to do around the house!
1. Finally create that gallery wall. This excellent article and video show you exactly how.
2. Make soup. Like this Cauliflower and Arugula Soup…or choose from sixteen other cold-weather soups here.
3. Clean out your closet. This article has great tips for a winter-closet cleanout.
photo: Bacon Smores
4. Whip up a quick sweet treat. Make yourself (or that special someone) a batch of 5-Minute Peanut Butter Fudge.
made with coconut oil and raw honey, this is actually good for you. photo: Skinny Ms.
5. Start planning your spring parties now. Easter brunch, anyone? Be sure to include these adorable DIY gold lipstick champagne flutes on your bar.
repeat after us: it WILL be spring soon, it WILL be spring soon, it WILL be spring soon… photo: Sugar & Cloth
Y’all. It’s COLD. Like bone-chilling, brutal, don’t-want-to-leave-the-house cold. Not sure about you guys, but we’ve been staying in lately and whipping up comfort food at home.
The original name of this dish is Paprika Chicken + Spinach in White Wine Butter Thyme Sauce. Long/complicated name…but it’s stupid easy to make and – if we do say so ourselves – delicious. We made this Sunday night and immediately proclaimed it the perfect Sunday Night Chicken. This recipe is adapted from one we found at The Kitchen Paper, one of our favorite food blogs. The author, Mary, focuses on real, accessible whole foods recipes. You’ll love it!
Sunday Night Chicken
Prep Time: 5 minutes / Cook Time: 30 minutes / Total Time: 35 minutes
Original Recipe: The Kitchen Paper / Adapted by The Glitter Life
What You Need:
- 4 chicken tenderloins (or 2 chicken breasts, halved)
- generous shaking of paprika (probably 2-3 tsp)
- freshly ground sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 tbsp butter, divided
- 6 cloves garlic (you can use fewer if you want…we just really, really really love garlic)
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves (just snip the sprigs up, leaves and all), plus a few whole sprigs
- 1 cup dry white wine, plus more (we used sauvignon blanc, but you can use whatever varietal you like)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
What You Do:
- Place the chicken on a plate and sprinkle with paprika, sea salt and pepper. Get your hands dirty and really work the spices into both sides of the chicken. Don’t skip the paprika – this is what gives the chicken its beautiful golden color.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a large skillet (make sure the sides are at least half an inch tall). Brown the chicken on the first side for three minutes. We used our oven timer, because we are easily distracted. Lower the heat, flip the chicken, and brown for an additional three minutes.
- Add the remaining four tbsp of butter, the garlic and the thyme (leaves plus whole sprigs). Cook for two minutes more, pushing the garlic and thyme around. This is when your kitchen starts smelling REALLY good.
- Add 1 cup of wine and bring the skillet to a gentle simmer. Cover and let it cook for about twenty minutes. You may have to add wine as the original one cup reduces. We added another half cup about ten minutes in.
- Add the fresh spinach to the skillet and let it wilt fully.
- Plate the chicken and spinach, and spoon the wine sauce over the top. We served this with Balsamic Parmesan Cauliflower (recipe coming soon!) and a simple salad of yellow cherry tomatoes and feta. Heaven.
This is comfort food fit for Sunday night, but we also think it would impress at a dinner party. Try it and instagram your pics @glitter_blog_xo.
J: Monday. We meet again. As drab as it may sound, I have some exciting finds to share with you!
Jay and I are getting married in a mere 61 days (EEEK.) Needless to say, we’ve kicked our diets and exercise into HIGH gear.
With the help of Jawbone UP and My Fitness Pal apps, it’s actually been fun! Here’s the story:
To start, Jay got us each one of these little cuties:
Jawbone UP Move tracks your steps and activity as well as your sleep patterns.Check it:
We synced these bad boys with My Fitness Pal for the complete package. Set your goals and log your calories consumed via the MFP app and let your Jawbone tell you what you’ve burned. Make your adjustments as necessary. Easy.
What fitness apps do you use? Share with us!
*This post is not sponsored.*
Valentine’s Day is one of our favorite holidays. What’s not to love about a day filled with happiness, treats, cheesy cards, hugs, kisses etc etc? Here are five things we’re crushing on this weekend:
1. Diptyque Rosafolia Candle: If you’re in Atlanta, check out the new Diptyque boutique in Buckhead Atlanta. You’ll never want to leave.
2. ASOS Sweater With Heart Elbow Patches: Wear your heart on your sleeve. Literally.
3. Chloe Love Story Perfume: So fresh. So amazing.
4. Kate Spade Heart Dish: Because you need the constant (adorable) reminder.
5. J. Crew Foliage Earrings: Girls…We always need fun jewels. Always.