‘Tis the season for a bathroom + product overhaul and this is the weekend to stock up… it’s tax-free weekend in Georgia! Here are some items we’re currently coveting. ATTN: Chipotle fans. There’s a little something special in here for you!
You guys. It’s HOT. And L is PREGNANT. What’s she wearing? These pieces are going the distance, from now until her due date in August. From L:
1) Mossimo Supply Kimono Dress – I wore this dress (in heather gray) pretty much every day of the last two months of my first pregnancy. It isn’t maternity, but it’s super bump-friendly. Other selling points: it’s not too short; it has a flattering neckline; the lightweight jersey is perfect for warm (HOTTT) weather. I really needed a new one this time around, and I was not optimistic that Target would still carry this style five years later…BUT IT DOES! So I recently ordered it two more colors (black and zenith teal). Meet my new uniform, at least for the next five weeks.
2) Liz Lange Maternity V-Neck – As you guys know, I’m not a fan of buying maternity clothes unless it’s absolutely necessary. Most of it is SUPER expensive and quite often hideous. But I do really like these Liz Lange v-neck tees. They’re nice and long, the fit is perfect…and they’re cheap enough to toss after you give birth. Bye! I have this tee in black (to pair with these black leggings) and navy/white stripe (to pair with my white Spanx skinnies). I wear both with a huge acid yellow chunky necklace. Distract with accessories!
3) Joe’s Jeans Denim Shorts – I bought these denim shorts (with J!) for my first pregnancy, and I am getting just as much wear out of them the second time around. I pair them with a short sleeve Piko top from Shop Sole Dish (black, grey, royal blue, mint and white available). They weren’t cheap, but I’ve gotten so much wear out of them. Obviously, if I were pregnant in the fall or winter, it might have made more sense to invest in full-length maternity denim.
4) Liz Lange Maternity Leggings – When I have to dress up these days, my go-to outfit consists of these black leggings, a black tank (usually this one) and a cute kimono (like this one or this one)…finished off with printed leopard heels. Not exactly revolutionary, but comfortable and good enough for the next five weeks.
5) Aerie Boho Bralettes – OMGGGGG. I discovered these lace bralettes a few weeks ago and they’ve been such a game changer. They’re super comfortable to sleep in, and I will definitely wear them post-pregnancy. This style comes in so many great colors – I had to stop myself at three.
We’d love to see your pregnancy style! Tag us in your pics on Instagram @glitter_blog_xo!
It’s Friday, and we’re dreaming of blue skies and palm trees. In fact, the insane Georgia heat is giving us both a touch of tropical fever. We’re feeling these five pretties right now…
3 // Palm Print Bench DIY // L whipped up this quick DIY last weekend using leftover paint from Ed’s nursery and our favorite Tommy Bahama Swaying Palm fabric. J’s going to do something similar on Sunday.
Speaking of tropical, J is traveling further south to Statesboro this weekend to help host a baby shower for L. Follow along on Instagram @glitter_blog_xo!
It’s hard to believe (for me, anyway), but Baby Ed is due in less than six weeks! I thought I would share the progress I’ve made on his nursery. It’s not 100% finished (I don’t think I’ve ever been totally “finished” with any project), but it’s definitely getting there. Baby Joe and I have had a lot of fun shopping and organizing – it’s definitely helped him get excited about the new addition to our family. If he only knew how his world is about to change…
Grey Babyletto “Hudson” Crib // Target
Stuffed Owl // Pier 1 (no longer available, similar here)
“Flynn” Navy Nailhead Chair // Lamps Plus (I actually found mine several years ago at TJ Maxx – it’s been living in our den)
Nate Berkus Gold Side Table // Target (this style is no longer available, but I love this one for a similar look)
Knit Fox Rattle // Land of Nod
“Aloe” Paint // Sherwin Williams (for the changing table and chest of drawers)
Changing Table // Pottery Barn (mine is several years old and was used in Joe’s nursery)
Distressed Wood Mirror // Walmart (love this option from Target)
“Vinnie” Cradle Rocker // Overstock
I hope Baby Ed likes his nursery as much as I do!
J: I’m always looking for a solid brunch item to throw together on the weekends. When I came across this baked french toast recipe from our fave food blogger, Damn Delicious… game changer. My sweet husband, Jay, said it would be perfect for Christmas morning and I totally agree. Here’s the skinny:
- 3 small French baguettes, ends trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I skipped this)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
For the maple glaze:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or more, to taste
- Lightly coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place bread slices evenly into the baking dish.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla bean paste, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour mixture evenly over the bread slices. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the bread mixture into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and maple syrup until well combined and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour mixture evenly over the bread slices.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. It’s desired.
Friday. You are back. And we love you.
If you’re like us, you’re always looking for new restaurants to try over the weekend. Need suggestions in Atlanta? Look no further.
1. C&S Seafood + Oyster Bar: J took cover here Monday night during a legit monsoon and stumbled upon one of the most delicious shrimp cocktails (and actual cocktails) ever.
3. Home grown GA: Homegrown came HIGHLY recommended by J’s coworker, Bill, mainly because of their award winning sloppy joe. The best part is that the sloppy joe is… wait for it… VEGAN. And amazingly delicious.
4. American Food + Beverage: L and I gave this new Buckhead Atlanta spot a try when she was in town a few weeks ago. LOVE it. Going in for round 2 tonight with some girlfriends. Boiled peanut hummus is definitely on the agenda.
5. Turner Field: Okay so this may not be a restaurant BUT the Braves are playing the Cubs in Atlanta this weekend. Take in the game. Share some patriotic dippin dots with your love, but not the wine of course.
We’re in the dog days of summer…and yet the invitations keep coming. Engagement parties, weddings, baby showers. So what are we wearing? Let’s start with these five maxi dresses.
And don’t forget that you get 10% off on www.shopsoledish.com when you use the discount code GLITTER. Happy shopping…and happy weekend!