FRIDAY! YOU’RE HERE!
Are you in the market for a new bag? Our top handbag picks are on today’s Friday Five. The best part? None of these purchases requires a post-credit-card-swipe cocktail.
2. Tory Burch Robinson Spectator Envelope Clutch: Perforated looks are everywhere this season. This bag is the perfect statement piece.
3. ASOS Leather And Faux Pony Zip Top Clutch: Y’all. This clutch is MAJ. We pretty much love anything with faux pony hair.
5. HOBO Zara Cross Body Bag: Every girl needs a cute cross-body bag for going out, and the subtle metallic sheen on this one is perfect.
What are you up to this weekend!? Shopping, perhaps? Tweet us! @glitter_blog_xo
J + L
This week’s Friday Five is dedicated to New Year’s Eve essentials. After all, it’s a big night and you need to look/feel amazing! Here we go…
1. Chain-strap bag. NYE is not the night to lug around your trusty tote. You need a small, clutch-sized bag with a chain, so you can sling it over your shoulder when necessary. We both love our Tory Burch Reva clutches–J’s is gold, mine is black. Those exact styles aren’t available any more…so why don’t you go for this one?
2. Bling. We believe strongly in the power of bling. Whether you’re wearing jeans and a sweater, sleek black pants and a sparkly top, or a full-on cocktail dress, NYE is the night to bring out your biggest, brightest bling. We love these earrings from Social Statesboro.
3. Stay-put Lip Gloss. Your lip gloss will have to last through cocktails, dinner, more cocktails, champagne, and a smooch or two. Avon Perfect Wear Extracting Lip Gloss stays put for–wait for it–eight hours. Actually, according to Oprah’s testers, it lasted for for ELEVEN hours, with no reapplying. Either way, this will get you through the night.
4. Tights. Just because it’s cold doesn’t mean you have to wear ski pants. Keep warm and stay stylish with a pair of patterned tights. These will jazz up your LBD and–bonus–smooth you out.
5. Wine Wipes. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again…wine wipes. These stain-erasing cloths are a must for your NYE bag. Say cheers to pearly whites!
What’s in your bag for New Year’s!? Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo
Happy Friday, glitter girls!
Eeeeek, only eleven days until Christmas! Holiday parties are in full swing (what to wear?! what to bring?!)) and shopping is at a fever pitch (what to buy?! how much to spend?!). Don’t stress. J and I are here to help. In keeping with our weekly tradition, we present today’s Friday Five: Top Five Holiday Survival Strategies.
1. Have a go-to appetizer. How often does it happen? You look at your calendar and realize you have yet another holiday party tonight…and you have to bring an appetizer. J and I have an arsenal of easy party recipes (duh, we get a LOT of invites), and this HONEYCRISP & GORGONZOLA CROSTINI from Channeling Contessa is one of our faves this time of year. Super easy, super pretty and sure to impress.
2. Stock up on unique hostess gifts. Hostess gifts are a challenge. You want to show your appreciation for a gracious invite (your mother raised you right, after all), but you might not know your hostess that well. You may be tempted to go for something generic and inoffensive (another bottle of wine!), but don’t. Use this opportunity to give her something unique and creative, as well as thoughtful and useful. This list from Real Simple has twenty-two ideas for the hostess gifts. Our fave is this adorable sewing kit from anthropologie. You can order a bunch, or try your hand at making them in bulk. These would also be cute teacher gifts. Just grab and go! [[For the record, J and I would not sneeze at a bottle of wine, if we are your hostesses and that’s your thing.]]
3. Make the most of your shopping dollars. We know, we know. Shop local. We really do try, but sometimes there’s just no reasonable alternative to online shopping. As long as you’re clicking away, you might as well earn skymiles to help with your holiday travels. Delta offers a certain amount of skymiles per dollars spent on TONS of websites. For example, J’s Christmas card order from minted.com earned her 3 miles for every dollar spent. Might not seem like much, but it adds up as you start checking things off of your list!
4. Detox on the go. Whether you’ve imbibed too many candy cane martinis, eaten too many slices of fruitcake, or dealt with a toxic relative, detoxing is critical during the holidays. This Tory Burch beverage container from the Neiman Marcus by Target collection is perfect for housing our Yogi Detox Tea.
5. Amp up your everyday look. Holiday parties call for a little something extra in the makeup department. Swapping your neutral lipstick for something brighter will boost your confidence and make your teeth look whiter. You don’t have to redo your entire face before that party–just change your lipstick, throw your hair in a topknot and go. Now, where’s that mistletoe?
The holidays don’t have to be stressful. A little planning–stocking up on appetizer ingredients, buying hostess gifts in bulk beforehand–makes it easy to enjoy this time of year. How do you survive the holidays? Got any tips for us? Tweet us at @glitter_blog_xo.
*Congrats to Rebecca Greener who is the winner of our Holiday Giveaway! Please send your address to firstname.lastname@example.org.*Continue Reading
Happy Wednesday, glitter girls!
We are huge arm candy fans. If we could stack bracelets to our elbows, we would. The easiest way to create an arm party is to start with a fantastic cuff and then throw on all your other random skinny bracelets. We promise, it will all look good together! Here are our top five places to start:
Tweet us pics of your arm party @glitter_blog_xo!
I was recently invited to a Jezebel Magazine happy hour at C. Wonder: the latest and greatest store in Lenox Mall. Y’all. This store is beyond and looked quite familiar… C. Wonder was started by Chris Burch, Tory’s ex. Awkward. Moving on.
The concept is preppy designs, bold prints, enameled bangles—at average prices less than $40. In personalized fitting rooms, shoppers can customize lighting and music. There’s on-site engraving and monogramming too!
Have you shopped at a C. Wonder store? Tweet us what you think! @glitter_blog_xo
Happy Tuesday, glitter girls!
So we totally fell down on the job and didn’t do our Monday post. Hope your start to the week wasn’t as hectic as ours!
We’re probably telling you something you already know…but animals (not animal prints, but actual animals) are a huge trend for fall. Designers and taste-makers are moving away from animal prints like leopard and zebra and using the actual animals themselves. We love the resulting preppy/winky vibe.
Our hands-down fave animal is the fox–smart, sneaky…but still cute. Here are our picks:
What’s your favorite animal trend for fall?
L + JContinue Reading
Breast cancer is a cause close to our glitter hearts. L’s mom and mother-in-law and J’s aunt are proud breast cancer survivors. October is breast cancer awareness month, and some of our favorite companies have made it super easy to support this worthy cause. Check out some of our faves below. Shopping has never been so satisfying.
2. Essie is participating in “31 days of pink” by featuring thirty-one unique shades of pink polish (one for every day of the month) in October. Our faves are Check Up, a bright bubble-gum pink, and Good Morning Hope, a paler pink hue.
3. Yummy candle company Archipelago has partnered with Breast Cancer Angels. Fifty percent of all proceeds of the Bougie De La Vie collection will be donated to underprivileged cancer patients and their families.
4. Up-and- coming golf apparel brand Chase54 (previously featured here) is donating proceeds from these cute men’s and women’s tees to Save The Ta.Tas. Do us a solid and follow Chase54 on Facebook and Twitter.
How are you supporting breast cancer research this October?
New York Fashion Week comes to a close tomorrow. This is probably a good thing for our day jobs, given the inordinate amount of time L and I have spent
obsessing over show gossip researching the web for photos. Here are our three favorite shows:
1. Rebecca Minkoff Spring 2013 RTW: “She’s a sexy tomboy with a bit of bon vivant,” Rebecca Minkoff said backstage before her show. We would say that’s pretty accurate. This was absolutely one of our favorite shows. And it didn’t hurt that Ryan Lochte was sitting front row…
2. Tory Burch Spring 2013 RTW: As previously documented here and here, we have just a smallish obsession with Tory Burch (the woman AND the brand). So it will come as no surprise that we are in love with her latest. The gorgeous colors, great fabrics, fun shoes and accessories… we die.
3. J Crew Spring 2013 RTW: Honestly, does anyone even remember when J Crew was just a catalog? Jenna Lyons has so *totally* revamped this brand into a quirky-sexy powerhouse, its origins as a go-to for boring-yet-dependable basics seem unfathomable. We fell hard for the latest genius mix of prints and materials.
We’re dying to know: what were your #nyfw faves?
J + LContinue Reading