You guys know we heart Target – it’s great style at great prices, areweright? Both of us own this Target sequined-collar plaid button-down from two years ago, and we’re bringing it back this season. And since we have Target on the brain, we linked our top picks from Target for fall over on Shop Style. Click this link to shop, or like our photo on Instagram (@glitter_blog_xo) today and you’ll get a shoppable email sent to your inbox. And check out our other posts featuring Target items here and here and here.
J and three sweet friends threw the most amazing baby shower for Baby Ed and me at Forest Heights Country Club in Statesboro. You may have seen a few pics on Instagram. These are a few more of our favorites! We’ll start from the beginning…
I was so glad my mom was able to make the trip. We all missed my mother-in-law, who was (smartly) cruising in cooler temps.
My favorite surprise of the day was…a FLOWER CROWN! I have never been so excited (or so glad that I didn’t do my hair in a top-knot). I had a really hard time taking it off at the end of the day brunch.
Everyone who knows me knows I live for brunch. I was so happy to see quiche and mini-pancakes on the menu!
Jennifer brought cupcakes from the Atlanta outpost of Georgetown Cupcake. I am obsessed with peanut butter, so she set aside one of those just for me. #truefriend The “E” flags are from Etsy.
I had the cutest little helpers opening gifts: Joe and his BBFL Leo.
Kate arranged these simple and cute rock candy favors. Joe was fascinated with these…and then he really flipped when he realized it was actual CANDY.
Each hostess received a small succulent in mercury glass from Colonial House.
Post-shower, Joe and I hung out in Ed’s new nursery. He told me “Mom, that was a GREAT PARTY.”…and I totally agree. I was overwhelmed at how beautiful everything was, and how these four friends nailed all of my favorite things. Baby Ed and I are so lucky to have four such incredible women in our lives.
This week’s Friday Five is dedicated to New Year’s Eve essentials. After all, it’s a big night and you need to look/feel amazing! Here we go…
1. Chain-strap bag. NYE is not the night to lug around your trusty tote. You need a small, clutch-sized bag with a chain, so you can sling it over your shoulder when necessary. We both love our Tory Burch Reva clutches–J’s is gold, mine is black. Those exact styles aren’t available any more…so why don’t you go for this one?
2. Bling. We believe strongly in the power of bling. Whether you’re wearing jeans and a sweater, sleek black pants and a sparkly top, or a full-on cocktail dress, NYE is the night to bring out your biggest, brightest bling. We love these earrings from Social Statesboro.
3. Stay-put Lip Gloss. Your lip gloss will have to last through cocktails, dinner, more cocktails, champagne, and a smooch or two. Avon Perfect Wear Extracting Lip Gloss stays put for–wait for it–eight hours. Actually, according to Oprah’s testers, it lasted for for ELEVEN hours, with no reapplying. Either way, this will get you through the night.
4. Tights. Just because it’s cold doesn’t mean you have to wear ski pants. Keep warm and stay stylish with a pair of patterned tights. These will jazz up your LBD and–bonus–smooth you out.
5. Wine Wipes. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again…wine wipes. These stain-erasing cloths are a must for your NYE bag. Say cheers to pearly whites!
What’s in your bag for New Year’s!? Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo