These Hawaiian Ham and Swiss Sliders are THE BEST SANDWICHES YOU WILL EVER EAT, swear. L made these for her fifth annual egg hunt on Saturday, and all 96 were snapped up by party-goers (kids included!). Whip some up for a Masters viewing party this weekend and add a round of Azalea Cocktails. You’re good to go.
Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Sliders (makes 24 sandwiches, plan on 2-3 per person)
What You Need:
- 24 slices deli honey ham (L used Sara Lee Maple Ham)
6 slices swiss cheese, cut into quarters
1/3 cup mayonnaise (L used Kraft mayo)
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard (L used French’s Dijon)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
2 packages (12 count) King’s Hawaiian Original or Honey Wheat Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls
What You Do:
- Split rolls in half and spread mayo onto 1 side of the rolls. Place a slice or two of ham and a (quarter) slice of swiss cheese in roll. Replace the top of the rolls and bunch them closely together into a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together poppy seeds, dijon mustard, melted butter, onion powder and worcestershire sauce.
- Pour sauce over the rolls, just covering the tops. Cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for additional 2 minutes until tops are slightly browned and crisp. Serve warm.
These sandwiches are also great at room temperature – don’t stress about serving them right out of the oven. You can assemble the sandwiches the night before baking – just cover TIGHTLY with plastic wrap to prevent them drying out. When you’re ready, pour on the sauce and pop them in the oven!
Adapted from www.kingshawaiian.com.Continue Reading