EXCITING NEWS! We’re off to Atlanta Market to scoop the best fall/winter trends for Sole and Dish. Don’t tell anyone, but afterwards we’re sneaking off to Lake Oconee for a quick girls’ getaway. No agenda except…pool time. Read on for our pool-side must-haves.
Ladies, it’s time for the truth. How often do you ask yourself that question? Pretty much every time you look in your closet? Same. Here. We’ve learned a few things over the years, though.
Getting dressed in the morning is a LOT easier when you have a few staples pieces at your fingertips. We’re talking pieces that pull together the random stuff in your closet. Your mission for this weekend: get your wardrobe in check with these five wardrobe essentials:
1. Solid blazer. Blazers are so versatile. Wear one over a crisp button- down or striped tee for day, and a sparkly tank or neon tee for night. Pair your blazer with pretty much any bottom: trousers, a mini skirt, a pleated skirt, shorts (even cut-offs). L legit wears a navy blazer every other day.
2. Ankle Pant. A tailored pair of pants work for the office, cocktails, brunch, etc. Wear with a button-down and/or jacket for the office; pair with a slouchy tee for the weekend. You’ll get tons of wear out of basic black (duh), but a printed pair is also versatile. Make sure you choose ankle-length pants, so you can wear them with flats or heels.
3. Patent Pumps. A classic pair of black patent heels is always appropriate. Don’t be afraid to wear them with navy–we love that combo.
4. Chambray Shirt. Chambray is a no-brainer for casual occasions, but it also works for the office and evening. Wear it under a suit for work (just make sure your jewelry is dressy), and pair with your brightest shorts or sparkliest skirt for an evening out. Pop your collar, roll your sleeves, and carry a fun clutch.
5. Go-To Bag. A handbag in a classic shape works for day or night. Choose one with a fun detail (like neon trim) to make a statement.
What are the go-to pieces in your closet? What do you need to add to make your wardrobe complete? Share with us on Twitter! @glitter_blog_xo.
We are back to the grind after a weekend that passed entirely too quickly (as usual). J celebrated her boyfriend Jay’s birthday with a fun dinner complete with photo cake at Kobe Steaks Japanese Restaurant. L had a marathon Saturday afternoon in her office (New Year’s resolutions, we hate you) followed by dinner with Joe and live music at Locos, her family’s restaurant.
Hope you all had a great weekend–tweet us your pics at @glitter_blog_xo. Look for a few posts on fashion and interiors this week…plus a Glitter reunion when we meet up for a buying trip for Social and Dish!