With the first official day of fall just around the corner, it’s time to darken up our manicures. Who doesn’t love a deep, rich nail color? Here are a few of our all time FAVE fall hues:
If you’re like us, you really put on the color during spring and summer months. Let’s face it, we live in neutrals the rest of the year (ask L about her black v-neck sweater…)
With all of this color being worn we need a solid, natural manicure to avoid clashing (the horror.) Here are some nude hues we’re feeling:
What polish are you wearing this summer?Continue Reading
It’s back to basics this weekend, girls. When a new season rolls around, you realize you need a lot of NEW things and not just fashion “essentials”…
1. Glasses: Time to update those specs, girlfriend! We came across GlassesShop.com and scooped these adorable wayfarer tortoise glasses. BONUS: GlassesShop.com is offering The Glitter Life readers 20% off with code GLITTER20. Get your orders in!Continue Reading
It’s been a while since we geared up for “back to school” shopping madness. Still, we want in on the excitement of creating a new look for the new school year. So instead of new clothes, we’re opting for a beauty refresher. It’s time to switch up our hairstyles and tweak our beauty routine. We’re making the following changes, starting this weekend:
1. Sophisticated Hair. Bye bye, side braid. It’s time for something more polished. Try a simple side twist to add interest to gorgeous loose curls. Now, if only the humidity would cooperate…
2. Fresh Nails. J came across the most PERFECT fall color by Essie (shocking!) this week. You need Bahama Mama in your life this season.
3. Dark Lips. Fall means darker, richer everything, so ditch your summer nude gloss for a spicy lip color. We heart this deep red lip + LBD combo.
4. Mermaid Eyes. We’re firm believers in easy make-up that takes you from day to night. Smokey eyes can do just that – just refresh your eyeliner and add a layer or two of shadow. This teal smokey eye is a nice update from our usual black and grey look.
5. Skin Care. Undo your summer sun damage with a retinol product. L swears by this SkinMedica Tri-Retinol Complex. Don’t believe us? It was recently featured in Marie Claire magazine! Add it to your usual anti-aging routine: switch your usual anti-wrinkle products to every other night, and use this on the off nights. If you’re in Statesboro, you can scoop this at Dr. Marc Bisseck’s Med Spa.
How are you planning to update your beauty routine for fall? Tweet us at @glitter_blog_xo. And don’t forget to follow along with us on Instagram this weekend at @glitter_blog_xo.Continue Reading
Celebrate the first week of spring by trying five new things this weekend.
1. A chic pair of sunglasses. Sunny days are ahead. Time to update your eye-wear! Step out of your comfort zone with a fun cat-eye style.
2. Springy statement earrings. It’s not quite warm enough for breezy dresses. Spring-ify your go-to winter outfit (blazer, tee and skinnies) with a pretty pop of color for your weekend brunch.
3. Smoothie pops. We love trying new recipes on the weekends. These healthy, delicious Orange-Banana Smoothie Pops are on our agenda.
5. DIY hair tie. Dress up your pony with this adorable leather hair tie. This quick, easy DIY has “weekend” written all over it.
Have a great weekend! Tweet or Instagram us your pics at @glitter_blog_xo.Continue Reading
If you’re like L and me, you love to get creative with your nail polish but you don’t have the time (or the cash) to hop into the nail salon every week for a manicure. We are definitely advocates of the DIY home mani BUT regular polish chips after a few days. So what’s a glitter girl to do?
Thanks to my coworker Amber, let me share how to get the same shiny, long-lasting results of a professional gel manicure right in the comfort of your own home. The key ingredient:
It’s not a quick process, but the results (and $$ you save!) are totally worth it. All you need is Gelous Nail Gel by ACI, the nail color of your choice (any brand), and a fast-drying top coat.
Here are the steps:
1. Apply two coats of Gelous, leaving a few minutes of dry time in between.
2. Add a layer of your polish (shown here: Tart Deco by Essie).
3. Apply one more layer of Gelous.
4. Apply a second coat of your polish.
5. Apply a fast-drying top coat. We love Good to Go by Essie.
My mani has lasted over a WEEK with no chips. Can’t beat that! Removal is simple: just use acetone polish remover.
What do you think, ladies? Will you be running out to grab Gelous on your lunch break? L is. I promise, it’s the best $5.99 you’ll ever spend.Continue Reading
Hi Hi Hi!
Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! We definitely have a love/hate relationship with this time change… See how we spent our low-key weekends:
What were y’all up to this weekend? Share your pics with us on Twitter and Instagram @glitter_blog_xo.
Happy Tuesday, glitter girls!
We’re headed back to Las Vegas this afternoon for a quick trip to the MAGIC tradeshow. We’ll land tonight, work all day Wednesday, and head home to Atlanta on the red-eye late Wednesday night. We’re packing light this time. Our plan:
Tuesday: Meetings + Flight
We both have meetings Tuesday morning (including a
vanity necessary stop at DryBar) before our flight leaves, so we can’t just schlub it. Skinny jeans and vests will do us right and take us all the way to LV.
Tuesday Night: Drinks
Once we get to Vegas, I’ll keep the fur vest but swap the skinnies for leather shorts, the lace tee for a flowy top, and the boots for heels. Once key to packing light is to wear your bulkiest items on the plane. For me, that’s the fur vest and boots.
Wednesday: Tradeshow + Industry Happy Hour + Dinner + Flight
We always fight the urge to dress like twins when we’re together–our brains work the same way, so it’s tough! We’ll both be wearing versions of this cute, layered outfit for the tradeshow, happy hour at BCBG, one of our fave vendors, dinner and flight home late Wednesday night.
The Packing List:
skinnys // lace tee // fur vest // scarf // pashmina (for the plane) // black leather shorts // peachy flowy top // nude heels // black leggings // oversize tunic // gray suede boots // leather jacket // striped tee and extra sweater (you never know!) // curling iron //dry shampoo // notebooks and office supplies // phone charger
We both have a version of the same Coach duffle, which is no longer available. This is probably the swan song for L’s duffle, though–ten years of weekly trips have taken their toll. Any suggestions for a replacement purchase?
We’re both wearing Essie Sand Tropez, a perfectly neutral shade that won’t show chips during our whirlwind trip.
We’ll post pics of our trip (and our outfits!) on Friday. Until then, be sure to follow our twitter feed @glitter_blog_xo for behind-the-scenes pics of MAGIC.
Copyright © 2017 Brooklyn. All rights reserved.