We are big fans of breakfast here at The Glitter Life. We believe in beginning our days with something fresh and healthy – breakfast boosts our metabolism AND our mood. While there’s no denying the nutritional goodness of a green smoothie, we usually need something a little more solid (and a little less time and dishwasher-space consuming). Voila, these genius Omelet Muffins! Make a batch on the weekend and just reheat one before you run out the door.
These are totally customizable. Add healthy protein (turkey bacon, diced ham, soy sausage crumbles), cheese and veggies to create your perfect combination.
Omelet Muffins adapted from Lauren Conrad
- muffin pan
- 6 eggs (beaten and seasoned a pinch of salt and pepper)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and generously grease the bottoms and sides of your muffin pan to ensure a stick-free removal once the omelets are done baking.
- Make sure your eggs are beaten and you’ve added the salt and pepper.
- Fill the bottoms of your muffin pan (about 1/3 of each individual tin) with the different mix-ins you chose.
- Then fill the tins with your eggs. The omelets will puff up a little when you bake them, so make sure to leave just a tiny bit of space at the top of each tin. Stir each mixture slightly to combine your eggs with the ingredients.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until you can poke the centers with a knife and it comes out clean (or almost clean).