Our pics are finally uploaded…and we’re ready to share our favorite images from our MAGIC trip. Overall, the trip was a success (though neither one of us felt 100%). We stuck to our trends list (more on that Friday!), only got on the wrong bus ONCE, and even squeezed in a little R & R before we hopped on the red-eye back to Atlanta.
Get excited for some nail polish inspiration tomorrow, followed by our Top Five Fall Trends on Friday. Happy Hump Day!
From Statesboro to Atlanta to Las Vegas to Panama City Beach to Jekyll Island, we have been traveling fools for the last week. It’s going to take us a while to catch up, so try not to freak out over our lack of posts. Today, we bring you a little teaser. Stay tuned for a full run-down of our buying trip, review of the Amika braid bar, and more!
Has everyone’s week been as crazy as ours? We have been positively manic preparing to be away from our offices next week. Now that the work day is over, we’re focusing on packing for our trip to Las Vegas on Monday. We are big fans of minimal packing, so we choose our items carefully. Here’s what we’re packing for our short trip.
1. BCBGeneration Faux Leather Skirt. Of course we’re going to Vegas for work…but we do plan to get in a drink or two when we’re done. This skirt is a travel dream – it’s lightweight, will never wrinkle, and absolutely does not show dirt.
2. BCBGeneration Asymmetrical Knit Skirt. Long days at the apparel show make comfort a necessity. This simple knit skirt works with the ankle boots or the flats, and looks great with the slouchy tee (untucked) or the basic tank (tucked in and paired with the wide belt).
3. Rocket Dog Ankle Boots. We will be walking a LOT next week (in fact, we’re going to use the iPhone app Moves to track our steps! Stay tuned.), so comfy shoes are key. These Rocket Dog “Sayla” ankle boots are perfect for the trip; they look cute with skinny jeans, shorts and skirts alike. Pair them with the leather skirt and you can go anywhere in Vegas. [This also gets us out of packing heels! SO BULKY.]
4. BCBGeneration Flowy Top. We love the look of a flowy top and sleek skinny jeans. This top works for day or night, and the pretty lime color adds a nice pop to all these neutrals.
5. Rampage Studded Loafers. Flats are a must – a cinch to pack and easy to walk in. These Rampage “Ludo” gray studded loafers work with the skirt (add the white tank) and the jeans (add the flowy top or the slouchy tee).
skinnies + slouchy tee + loafers = plane ride there / day 1 of the show
knit skirt + tank + wide belt + ankle boots = day 2 of the show
leather skirt + tank + ankle boots = cocktails at the chandelier bar
skinnies + flowy top + ankle boots = plane ride home
These five pieces work together in multiple ways. All you need to add is a few basics: tank(s), v-neck, skinny jeans and a belt. Throw in our swimsuits and coverups, and we’re good to go! All items are available at Social Statesboro and Dish Statesboro.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram @glitter_blog_xo this weekend as we prepare for the trip!
We’re in it to win it this week. There’s TONS to do before we head to Las Vegas on Monday for MAGIC, including a little renovation at Dish (using that Annie Sloan Chalk Paint), networking (over champs at Lure, naturally) with the fabulous Kelly of Austen Hill and finalizing our trend list for fall. Stay tuned for some great posts this week, including the summer version of our short-trip packing strategy and a play-by-play of J’s hair transformation.
We’re back from a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas for the MAGIC apparel trade show. We had a blast, but more importantly we scored some seriously great inventory for Social and Dish. We also used our trip to launch The Glitter Life Instagram feed (@glitter_blog_xo). Thank you for all the “likes” and comments on our pics! Now, for the details…
We’re headed back to Las Vegas this afternoon for a quick trip to the MAGIC tradeshow. We’ll land tonight, work all day Wednesday, and head home to Atlanta on the red-eye late Wednesday night. We’re packing light this time. Our plan:
Tuesday: Meetings + Flight
We both have meetings Tuesday morning (including a vanity necessary stop at DryBar) before our flight leaves, so we can’t just schlub it. Skinny jeans and vests will do us right and take us all the way to LV.
Tuesday Night: Drinks
Once we get to Vegas, I’ll keep the fur vest but swap the skinnies for leather shorts, the lace tee for a flowy top, and the boots for heels. Once key to packing light is to wear your bulkiest items on the plane. For me, that’s the fur vest and boots.
Wednesday: Tradeshow + Industry Happy Hour + Dinner + Flight
We always fight the urge to dress like twins when we’re together–our brains work the same way, so it’s tough! We’ll both be wearing versions of this cute, layered outfit for the tradeshow, happy hour at BCBG, one of our fave vendors, dinner and flight home late Wednesday night.
The Packing List:
skinnys // lace tee // fur vest // scarf // pashmina (for the plane) // black leather shorts // peachy flowy top // nude heels // black leggings // oversize tunic // gray suede boots // leather jacket // striped tee and extra sweater (you never know!) // curling iron //dry shampoo // notebooks and office supplies // phone charger
We both have a version of the same Coach duffle, which is no longer available. This is probably the swan song for L’s duffle, though–ten years of weekly trips have taken their toll. Any suggestions for a replacement purchase?
We’re both wearing Essie Sand Tropez, a perfectly neutral shade that won’t show chips during our whirlwind trip.
We’ll post pics of our trip (and our outfits!) on Friday. Until then, be sure to follow our twitter feed @glitter_blog_xo for behind-the-scenes pics of MAGIC.