These Hawaiian Ham and Swiss Sliders are THE BEST SANDWICHES YOU WILL EVER EAT, swear. L made these for her fifth annual egg hunt on Saturday, and all 96 were snapped up by party-goers (kids included!). Whip some up for a Masters viewing party this weekend and add a round of Azalea Cocktails. You’re good to go.
Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Sliders (makes 24 sandwiches, plan on 2-3 per person)
What You Need:
24 slices deli honey ham (L used Sara Lee Maple Ham)
6 slices swiss cheese, cut into quarters
1/3 cup mayonnaise (L used Kraft mayo)
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard (L used French’s Dijon)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
2 packages (12 count)King’s Hawaiian Original or Honey Wheat Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls
What You Do:
Split rolls in half and spread mayo onto 1 side of the rolls. Place a slice or two of ham and a (quarter) slice of swiss cheese in roll. Replace the top of the rolls and bunch them closely together into a baking dish.
In a medium bowl, whisk together poppy seeds, dijon mustard, melted butter, onion powder and worcestershire sauce.
Pour sauce over the rolls, just covering the tops. Cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes.
Bake covered at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for additional 2 minutes until tops are slightly browned and crisp. Serve warm.
These sandwiches are also great at room temperature – don’t stress about serving them right out of the oven. You can assemble the sandwiches the night before baking – just cover TIGHTLY with plastic wrap to prevent them drying out. When you’re ready, pour on the sauce and pop them in the oven!
It finally feels like SPRING! Whether you’re headed to a golf tournament (J), hosting an egg hunt (L) or just relaxing with family, this beautiful weather calls for fresh spring threads. These are our top five looks for the next 48 hours.
1. Sophisticated Simplicty. Church and brunch with the family calls for a simple shape in a pretty pastel. Add a metallic clutch and sandals.
2. Classic with a Twist. Repurpose your favorite white button-down by adding a pastel midi skirt and ladylike heels.
3. Just Add Flowers. Spring-ify your favorite dark skinnies with a lightweight floral kimono and bright heels. This look is perfect for meeting up with friends for lunch on Saturday. Check out more casual outfit ideas here.
4. Prints Charming. This playful look works beautifully for a fancy brunch or Easter celebration. Tone down the pattern with a kitten heel or even a cute flat. Bonus points: add a low bun and bright pink lip.
5. Hey, Shorty. We DIE for short sets. Love this patterned one, or you can keep it simple in all-white. Perfect for an afternoon shopping or walking the golf course. Shorts call for a great tan – fake one with our helpful hints!
Whatever your plans, we hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.
We had an amazing time celebrating Easter with our friends and families this past weekend! L hosted her annual egg hunt which was a huge hit (as always!) J spent time with her family in Augusta and started flipping through wedding mags. No time like the present to start PLANNING!
I love anything salty-sweet, and I’ve been obsessed with White Chocolate Snack Mix ever since Glitter Girl Melanie Herrington made it for our very first Easter Egg Hunt two years ago. I made it again this year, so I thought I’d share the recipe. It’s pretty and perfect for a spring party. Snack on it by the bowlful, or place individual portions in clear cello bags and tie with a pretty ribbon for cute favors.
Ingredients (makes 20 1-cup portions)
6 cups cereal (Mel recommends a mix of Golden Grahams, Multi Grain Cheerios and Chex)
1 12oz. bag mini M&Ms (try to get the pastel kind!)
3 cups pretzels (sticks or mini pretzels)
1/2 jar dry roasted peanuts
1 bag white chocolate chips, melted
Mix dry ingredients together. Pour melted chocolate over mix and stir to coat. Spread mix out on wax paper to dry. TRY NOT TO EAT IT ALL AT ONCE.
Speaking of Easter, we had a great one with family and friends.
How was your weekend? Share you Easter pics with us on Twitter/Instagram! @glitter_blog_xo