‘Tis the season for beautifully bronzed, sun-kissed skin! Allow us to help you achieve the most perfect glow:
What are your go-to bronzing products? Tweet us!Continue Reading
1. Bain de Terre macadamia oil NOURISHING SHAMPOO: A lot of paraben free shampoos have such little lather, but this lathered up fantastically and left my hair feeling fresh and clean.
2. Bain de Terre macadamia oil NOURISHING CONDITIONER: My hair definitely benefited from using this conditioner. It’s soft, smells great and looks visibly healthier.
3. Benefit Fakeup:Absolutely in love with this concealer. It blends so easily and wears light. BONUS: It’s super hydrating if you’re battling dry skin.
4. Evologie® Stay Clear Cream: I have yet to notice anything spectacular about this product. With a price tag of $62, I was expecting more BUT maybe it takes more time…
5. ChapStick® Hydration Lock: I’m a lip product junkie and I can honestly say this is one of the best lip balms I’ve used. First, apply the bubblegum flavored lip scrub from Lush. Then, add your hydration lock and you have the perfect pout.Continue Reading
We’ve been doing some shopping lately – no surprise – and we’ve been feeling especially grabby in the cosmetics department. Here’s the low-down on what we scooped in the last few days:
1. Dior: Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation. Worth every penny. It’s not heavy- looking, but it does give you a nice finished look that lasts throughout the day. It dries a little darker, so try a shade lighter than your skin tone. And wear a headband when applying so it doesn’t look like you’re due for a dye job!
2. Benefit Cosmetics: Dandelion Luminizer. This product typifies the great quality I’ve come to expect from all Benefit products. Apply it lightly for a subtle, natural-looking pink; build up from there.
3. Tigi Your Highness Shampoo/Conditioner. Sometimes our long, heavy hair needs a LIFT. J’s mom introduced her to the Your Highness (cute!) Volume Collection, which does the trick and smells delicious.
4. L’oreal: Sublime Bronze Airbrush. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again. We’re obsessed with L’Oreal’s sunless tanning products. J was super eager to try their new deep natural tan shade. It’s perfect (we could have guessed that).
5. Garnier Nutrioniste Ultra Lift Pro Intensive Deep Wrinkle Night Cream. It’s a mouthful…but L loves this stuff. It feels nice and thick going on, but dries to a super smooth finish on your skin.
6. Wet N Wild MegaSlicks Lip Gloss in Bronze Berry. You know we’re suckers for a neutral (and cheap) lip-gloss. This Wet N Wild gloss may replace our go-to gloss this summer. It’s a little darker than our beloved NYC Everlasting Blossom…but we’re feeling it!
What are your go-to beauty products!? Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo or Instagram your finds @glitter_blog_xo.
I’m always looking for fun recipes to make with Joe Jr. I saw this recipe for Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins on the cute blog Two Peas and Their Pod (we featured another of their recipes here). Saturday morning seemed like the perfect time for the two of us to do a little baking…and a little tasting.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
What You Need:
What You Do:
These muffins were tasty…but I learned something the first time I made them. The original recipe called for two tablespoons of batter on the bottom, but when I did that I ran out of batter for the tops of the muffins. The second time around I did a heaping tablespoon of batter, followed by a heaping teaspoon of preserves, followed by a heaping tablespoon of batter. I did have a little left over using that method, and I just divided it among the muffin cups. I made six muffins with peach preserves (my fave) and six with grape jelly (Joe’s choice).
Joe Jr and I had fun making these- his favorite part was licking the peanut butter spoon.
Did you do any baking this weekend? Do you have a favorite Saturday morning baking ritual? Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo!
PS – We both had rather domestic weekends. In pics…Continue Reading
Copyright © 2017 Brooklyn. All rights reserved.