Okay, this is our last post about J’s wedding weekend. But we really wanted to share some behind-the scenes pics. Enjoy!
Oh hey, Friday. We’re hanging at the Ritz Carlton at Reynolds Plantation today, NBD. This is J’s big weekend – she will officially become a MRS. tomorrow! Be sure to follow along with us on Insta (#JJB2015) as we chronicle what’s sure to be an amazing weekend. In the meantime, check out these links to stuff we love. xo
2. Tudor Tutor. Move over, Downton Abbey. We’re superrrrr excited that Hilary Mantel’s Wolf Hall is now on PBS. Palace intrigue can be confusing, so use this handy guide to distinguish between Tudor loyalists and Papists while you watch.
3. Sally Hansen Self Tanner. The quest for the perfect self tanner never ends. You could say it’s our holy grail. This one is our new fave. The color is totally natural, and there’s virtually no weird fading. Don’t let the orange tint freak you out–it washes off your hands.
4. One Pot Basil + Andouille Sausage Pasta. You know we’re all about quick easy, one-pot dinners…especially those that can be repurposed for lunch the next day. This one uses tons of summer-fresh basil.Continue Reading
In honor of Coachella and the start of music festival season , we bring you a sweet little flower crown DIY from Lauren Conrad…accompanied by GORGEOUS pics of crowns designed by some of our favorite local glitter girls, the gals from Colonial House of Flowers. Even if this look isn’t your style (we can’t all take a week off to go to music festivals, after all)…we hope you take a moment to enjoy the beauty around you this spring!
See the DIY here.
Photos 1 & 2: J Leigh Captures.
Photos 3 & 4: Diana Daley Photographers.Continue Reading
Happy Friday! This weekend, J’s doing a trial run for wedding hair and makeup (EEEK!) and L’s working in the retail game, but we’re both going to make time to watch a little of the Masters and sip an Azalea Cocktail. In the meantime, take a few minutes to check out these links to stuff we love.
What are you loving today?Continue Reading
This is it, ladies. We’ve found the holy grail of drugstore skincare products. Behold:
I scooped this per Jay’s step-moms recommendation and I must say… Just when you think you’ve removed all of your makeup, you haven’t. This Simple Cleansing Micellar Water removes every last bit of your daily grime and leaves you fresh-faced and fancy free. BONUS: It’s $7. Simple.
*This post is not sponsored*Continue Reading
YAY for the weekend. It’s actually sunny today – we’re crossing our fingers this lasts for a few days. Here’s what we’re loving right now!
1. Nude Lip. After a winter of bright red lips, we’re really feeling this pared down nude lip. Now, if we can just get a tan…
2. Homemade Pizza. L and Joe made this delicious Spinach Artichoke Pizza (sans artichokes – forgot them at the store!) this week, and it’s probably making a reappearance on Sunday night. It’s super easy, and we love the combination of flavors. Even Baby Joe gobbled it up.
3. Mimosa caddy. Making mimosa caddies is tops on our spring to-do list because we love champagne, we love pink, and we love DIY. And just because.
4. ASOS Floral Midi Skirt. J’s wearing this adorable floral midi to brunch in NYC during her bach party. Stay tuned for details!
5. Good read. We love this article about finding your style when you hit 30.
J and L reunite at Mount Vintage this weekend for J’s bridal shower – hope you guys get to spend the weekend with good friends, too!
J: Monday. We meet again. As drab as it may sound, I have some exciting finds to share with you!
Jay and I are getting married in a mere 61 days (EEEK.) Needless to say, we’ve kicked our diets and exercise into HIGH gear.
To start, Jay got us each one of these little cuties:
Jawbone UP Move tracks your steps and activity as well as your sleep patterns.Check it:
We synced these bad boys with My Fitness Pal for the complete package. Set your goals and log your calories consumed via the MFP app and let your Jawbone tell you what you’ve burned. Make your adjustments as necessary. Easy.
What fitness apps do you use? Share with us!
*This post is not sponsored.*Continue Reading
J: The day has come. Operation Bride Body is in full effect. Jay and I are 101 days from the big day. (Where did the time GO?) At any rate, it’s time to kick it into full gear.
Behold the fitness membership where you’re not confined to one location… Class Pass! There are thousands of locations available to members that include yoga, pilates, cycling, barre, etc. You may take as many classes as you wish per month (thank goodness) and BONUS there’s no annual or long term commitment. Traveling? Class Pass Flex will travel with you allowing you to workout in other cities who participate in Class Pass! (Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle , Washington, D.C.)
J: As I was recently updating literally everything in my makeup bag (sometimes you need to just PURGE and replenish), I realized I needed a really GOOD primer. Guess what? Found it!
Dermalogica has done it again. Their redness relief primer (with SPF20!) soothes and leaves you with a velvety barrier for your makeup. It can also be used as a spot treatment for particular areas of redness.Continue Reading
SUPER excited to share my Birchbox goodies with you girls! (For those unfamiliar with Birchbox, it’s one of the original subscription beauty boxes. A glorious little present on your doorstep every month for only $10. Click here to join!)
This months theme is Fashionista which we can totally relate to.
1. Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner: We’re all about honesty here. With that, I was iffy about trying this silver liner. It goes on super smooth and is really pretty mixed with my usual black liner.
2. Dr Brandt Pores No More® Vacuum Cleaner™: This cleanser instantly tightened my pores. Right. Away. There’s an amazing cooling sensation that’s an added bonus.
3. Macadamia Professional™ Flawless Cleansing Conditioner: Love an XL (yet TSA friendly!) sample! More iffy-ness here. No suds and all-in-one? EEEK. I plan on giving this a try over the weekend. Stay tuned…
4. Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara: Oh my! Another large sample! I’ve actually used this mascara before and love it. No clumps, flakes or smearing.
5. Naobay Body Radiance Lotion: Perfect to keep on my desk to apply throughout the day. A light, lemony scent.
This might be one of the best Birchboxes yet! ALL of this is one adorable box for $10? It doesn’t get much better than that. Click here to join!Continue Reading
Copyright © 2017 Brooklyn. All rights reserved.