So this delicious-looking concoction appeared on our Pinterest feed yesterday. It took some googling (don’t you hate how some pins don’t include links?!), but we finally found the recipe. This just might be the perfect summer appetizer – simple ingredients, fresh flavors and super quick and easy.
Caprese Bruschetta (it’s not technically bruschetta but that sounds better than “Caprese Loaf”)
What You Need:
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1-2 containers prepared basil pesto, depending on how much you love pesto (make your own using the recipe here)
- 1 log of goat cheese, sliced, or one 8 oz ball fresh mozarella, sliced
- 1 container of sun dried tomatoes or freshly sliced grape tomatoes
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Split loaf open lengthwise so that you have two long halves.
- Spread the pesto on the two halves of the loaf.
- Layer the goat cheese or mozarella over the pesto.
- Top with tomatoes.
- Place on a baking sheet and pop in the oven for about 8-12 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your bread.
- Enjoy with a glass or three of your favorite wine.
Adapted from Mommy’s Mayhem.