IT’S FRIDAY! And you know what that means… Here’s what we’re feeling this weekend, glitter girls:
Between the daily workplace grind, body-clock adjustment (or lack thereof) due to daylight savings time and election night craziness, we are SO looking forward to this weekend. As usual, we have a packed schedule…but we’re going to make time (somehow) for a little at-home pampering. Here’s what we’re planning:
1. DIY Face Mask: I mean we love the spa as much as any girls, but sometimes it’s just not possible in terms of schedule or budget. This easy facial treatment can be whipped up in two minutes flat, and we’re betting you already have these ingredients on hand. Fix a cucumber water, smear this on your face, and relax for a few minutes. Adapted from Beauty Banter.
Honey/ Lemon Mask Recipe:
Squeeze 1/2 a lemon (organic is always better) into a bowl, add 2 tbsp of honey (organic, raw, natural if possible). Mix with a spoon until you reach a liquid consistency. Apply to a clean face, avoiding eye area. Make sure that your hair is pulled back away from your face, or you’ll end up with a sticky mess. Leave on for 15-20 min and rinse off.
2. Spa-Grade Exfoliation: Follow your DIY face mask with a round of gentle exfoliation courtesy of this handy gadget.
J and I have used Clarisonics for years (true story), and we are totally crushing on this leopard print version. It’s like a soothing, deep-cleaning spa-quality treatment…without the price.
3. Stress-Relieving Yoga: Whether you’ve had a rough week or just a rough Friday night, this super quick (only ten minutes!) video takes you through easy, gentle yoga poses designed to de-stress your mind and rejuvenate your body. Ommmmmmm.
4. Homemade Chai Tea Mix: Yeah, yeah we heart Starbucks…but sometimes it’s nice to whip up a comforting treat at home (in pajamas). And by “whip up,” we mean throw something together with as little effort as possible. Try this easy DIY chai tea mix—just combine the ingredients and stir into a mug of hot water. This recipe makes 36 servings, so consider making up a batch and dividing into mason jars for your friends. Merry Christmas!
5. Hair Treatment. Winter weather (not to mention heat styling) can turn your shiny mane dry and brittle. Winter, you are so CRUEL. Repair your hair with Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. See and feel the difference after one use. Instant gratification. We love that.
We’re both going to be ready for the spa when this weekend is over. J and Jay are playing house this weekend with Jay’s niece and nephews, and L is prepping for live TV tonight (AGAIN) and
running walking in the True Blue 5K tomorrow morning with some friends. Oh, and it’s Georgia Southern homecoming this weekend–go Eagles!
Share your weekend pics/plans with us on Twitter @glitter_blog_xo. We wanna see!
L + J