This week has been total madness. J has had a bazillion work meetings & tried to get to the gym in the interim; L has been doing everything from shipping orders to ordering inventory to hosting a trunk show (more on that next week!). So thank you, Friday, for showing up on time. We’re looking forward to putting our work aside and trying some new things this weekend! Here’s what we’re thinking:
2. Nails: Ease into spring with a bright, fun mani! (And glitter, naturally.)
3. Fun Recipe: It will be warming up in Atlanta this weekend (finally). Sixty-five and sunny = patio lunch/dinner. So glad the Brown Eyed Baker is sharing ninety-five of her favorite spring recipes. Why not try 1, 5, or 10?
4. New Necklace: Speaking of a pop of color, why not shop for something to add a little pizazz to the basic chambray shirt you’ll be wearing all spring? 31 Bits is a socially-minded jewelry business giving women in Northern Uganda an opportunity to counter poverty by making jewelry. The “beads” on these beautiful necklaces are handmade using recycled paper. Thanks to 31 Bits, these women who make these necklaces now have access to English lessons, finance training, AIDS and health training, and more. We can’t think of a better way to update your wardrobe.
We’re focusing on New Year’s Resolutions for this week’s Friday Five. Behold, our top five resolutions for 2013.
1. Upgrade our desks. We’ve talked about work spaces before here and here, so you might think that our offices are already pretty fantastic. Not the case. There’s always room for improvement! We need creative yet functional spaces that allow for major multi-tasking. Stephanie Todaro, contributor to the fabulous blog Design*Sponge, has three new desk set-ups to inspire your own office makeover.
2. Take our manicures to the next level. Normally we just experiment with nail color…but this year we’re going to go beyond polish and try this chic glitter mani from the Glitter Guide (of course).
4. Train for a 5K. L, a sorta-kinda runner, was sidelined in 2012 by injury after injury. This year, it’s back to square one. We’re both going to run a 5k…at some point. Here’s our training plan.
5. Learn to frost cupcakes. It’s time to step up our baking game. We’ve put this off long enough. Valentine’s Day is coming up and WE NEED TO LEARN how to frost cupcakes. Our Best Bites gives the BEST how-to.
Inspire us with your resolutions! Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo.