Y’all. July 4th is NEXT weekend! That really snuck up on us, but we’re excited nonetheless. L is heading to Tybee Island and sharing her must-haves for a beach getaway:Continue Reading
Breast cancer is a cause close to our glitter hearts. L’s mom and mother-in-law and J’s aunt are proud breast cancer survivors. October is breast cancer awareness month, and some of our favorite companies have made it super easy to support this worthy cause. Check out some of our faves below. Shopping has never been so satisfying.
2. Essie is participating in “31 days of pink” by featuring thirty-one unique shades of pink polish (one for every day of the month) in October. Our faves are Check Up, a bright bubble-gum pink, and Good Morning Hope, a paler pink hue.
3. Yummy candle company Archipelago has partnered with Breast Cancer Angels. Fifty percent of all proceeds of the Bougie De La Vie collection will be donated to underprivileged cancer patients and their families.
4. Up-and- coming golf apparel brand Chase54 (previously featured here) is donating proceeds from these cute men’s and women’s tees to Save The Ta.Tas. Do us a solid and follow Chase54 on Facebook and Twitter.
How are you supporting breast cancer research this October?
Y’all. It has been the longest week ever. Here’s what’s on our agenda for the weekend:
1. Reynolds Plantation: It might officially be fall, but it is still *hot* in Georgia. There’s nothing I love more than a weekend getaway to Lake Oconee. It’s an hour ‘s drive from Atlanta–totally worth it.
2. Fresh Fall Salads: We’re all about whipping up a new salad. Here are some fall recipes that look super delicious (and easy. love that).
3. Tee It Up: This time, we’re not talking golf. Ditch your LBD and opt for a casual t-shirt paired with a fancy skirt this weekend.
4. Matte Nails: As always, we gotta have new nails for the weekend. We were unsure about matte nails at first, but now we’re in love. Check it:
5. Football: Both of our teams play at home this weekend! L and the Joes will be cheering on the Georgia Southern Eagles in Statesboro, and the University of Georgia Bulldogs take on Vanderbilt in Athens at 7:45pm. No matter what team you’re cheering for, check out our tips for tailgating in style.
YAY, the weekend’s here!
Since we still have Sin City fresh in our hearts and minds, we’re dedicating this week’s Friday Five to the one and only Las Vegas. We know you’re dying to see what we did when we weren’t tearing up MAGIC. Here are our top five Vegas dos.
1. Hard Rock Hotel and Casino: To say that L and I are amateur gamblers is an understatement…but we actually had good luck here! We learned how to play craps with some very friendly folks and drank free wine. Can’t beat that.
2. Pink Taco Happy Hour: After a long day at the pool, we decided happy hour was in order. We were pleasantly surprised to find Pink Taco (located right in our hotel) had a $5 happy hour menu! Margaritas, wine, shrimp cocktail, quesadilla…all $5. Too bad we didn’t stumble upon that earlier into our trip.
3. The Cosmopolitan: Chandelier Bar : Y’all. This is one of the most beautiful spaces we have ever seen. You literally sit INSIDE the chandelier to enjoy your cocktails. Check it:
4. Style Limousine Service – L and I are business-class travelers…on coach budgets. So imagine our delight when my boyfriend, Jay, arranged for us to ride to and from the airport in a private limo. So one-percent! We highly recommend our friends at Style Limousine Service. Not only did the driver pick us up from the airport at the UNGODLY hour of 630am…but he cheerfully obliged when we
begged politely asked him to stop for bagels at Panera. Um, and we really like the name.
5. Nails – We can’t have a Friday Five without nails! We searched high and low for the perfect Vegas-y, glitter-y shade…and of course we didn’t find it until after we got back from our trip. Whatever, we’re going to rock it this weekend and reminisce about our great time.
Have you been to Vegas? What are your top five dos?
YAY for the weekend!
J + LContinue Reading
Happy Monday, Glitter Girls! J and I are running around today, getting ready for our trip. (Maybe you’ve heard about it?) Packing for a whole week has been a bit of a challenge. Here’s what we made room for in our suitcases…
Clearly we’re taking more than this…but these are our highlights. What are we missing? What would y’all take if you were going with us? Eeeeeeek, we’re leaving tomorrow!
L + JContinue Reading
Ah, Friday…we thought you would never get here! Here’s what we’re wearing/doing/loving for the next forty-eight hours.
1. Nails. We’ve done mint, we’ve done lilac…this weekend we’re rocking this pretty yellow shade. NYC Lexington Yellow is the perfect yellow: not too neon, not too school bus. Sure, this sunny shade screams summer…but we also love it for fall. Picture it with grey, black and cream.
2. Fresh Flowers. Whether you get them from Bi-Lo (L) or the Farmer’s Market (J), fresh flowers make the *biggest* difference at home. Here are some cute ideas you can totally do with a grocery store bouquet.
3. Sweet Treat. Making these Sea Salt Fudge Brownies on Sunday night sure would ease the transition to Monday.
4. Movie. It is so seriously hot right now. Watching Celeste and Jesse Forever in a dark, cool movie theater sounds like a plan, right? Check out this excellent list of movies to see before Labor Day, brought to you by The Daily Candy. (In Atlanta? Check out Cinebistro in Town Brookhaven! You can’t beat having a glass of wine and a great meal while watching a movie.)
5. Travel. Our trip to Vegas is quickly approaching, and we can’t help but lust for new luggage. Here are our top picks:
Now, let’s all get our weekend on!
L + JContinue Reading