Not following glitter_blog_xo on Instagram? We’ll catch you up before you click the ‘follow’ button.Continue Reading
Happy Monday, glitter girls!
J and I had a busy weekend prepping for our trip to Vegas for the MAGIC tradeshow on Tuesday. In addition to our weekend wrap-up, we thought we’d start the week off with our first Glitter Girl feature. First, a few pics from the weekend.
Now, for our very first Glitter Girl.
Once a week-ish, we plan to highlight one of our favorite friends/readers/fellow Glitter Girls with a pic and a brief questionnaire. We’ll feature girls who are living in interesting places (from Atlanta to Alaska) and doing interesting things (from stylish stay-at-home moms to corporate ladder-climbers). We hope you enjoy getting to know The Glitter Life community!
Reagan Daly is the advertising manager of Savannah Media, LLC, which houses Connect Savannah and the Savannah Pennysaver. Reagan is a loyal Social and Dish shopper and we absolutely love her style. She is also the wife of a fabulous man (her words!) and mom to an amazing six year old son.
1. What item or accessory do you wear the most? My liquid metal Sergio Gutierrez bracelet. Love it!
2. What are your three favorite stores (for ANYTHING, online or bricks-and-mortar)? Social & Dish in Statesboro, Georgia (told you!) and Taz in Pawleys Island, South Carolina.
3. Fill in the blank. You would die if anyone followed me on Twitter. (I’m not a big Tweeter.)
4. Your last meal. What is it? Club Sandwich with EXTRA mayo. Yum!
5. What’s your guilty pleasure? Playing the 80’s throwback (90’s comeback) channel on Pandora extra loud and dancing around my house.
Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! We’ll share our packing strategy for a whirlwind 30-hour trip to Vegas tomorrow.
Happy Wednesday, glitter girls!
We know, we know. One of your New Year’s resolutions is to work out / get in shape / be more active / lose weight. Here are some tips to get you going!
Fuel Up: Often, it’s a Herculean task just to get ourselves to the gym. We can’t be bothered with a pre-workout snack, too! Turns out, eating before you sweat is a big deal–it jump-starts your metabolism (can’t argue with that). It’s also important to eat after you exercise, so you don’t start burning muscle (eeek!). Allison at Lauren Conrad has some great tips for what to eat before your workout (no matter what time you like to hit the gym) and after. Bottom line: bananas are our friends.
Dress the Part: Is it just us, or is exercising easier when you love what you’re wearing? We’ve talked about workout wear before, but here are a few new suggestions.
1) Sports Bra. If you don’t like your sports bra, you won’t like exercising. L’s favorite is the New Balance Bonita Run Crop. The back straps as well as the band are adjustable, so you get a much more precise fit than most sports bras.
2. Top. J loves this top from LuluLemon. “I’ve basically worn it every day since I got it for Christmas!”
3. Leggings. We both love C9 by Champion compression leggings. And we may or may not admit to wearing them as pants on our non-workout days.
The Workout: If you think you’d enjoy running, try a Couch to 5K program. Running a 5K is a really reasonable goal, and you can find a race just about every weekend, no matter where you live. This program tells you exactly how to train to run a 5K in six weeks.
Whew! Writing that post was a workout in itself. How do you like to keep fit? What trends are you thinking of trying? Tweet us at @glitter_blog_xo!
Happy Tuesday, glitter girls!
It’s time to pull out our winter gear: cozy coats, scarves, and gloves. Every year we’re tempted to splurge on a new coat, and this year is no different. We’ve narrowed it down to these:
What are your cold weather go-tos!? Share with us on Twitter @glitter_blog_xo.