Normally we go for juxtaposition of shape in our outfits: flowy top with skinny jeans, fitted tank with breezy wide leg pants, etc. But we think this BCBGeneration flutter top paired with BCBGeneration flutter shorts kinda WORKS. Of course, defining your waist with a belt (L’s FAVORITE, also shown here) is key. Photos taken on Jekyll Island, Georgia.
Pants are the new skirt. Or something. One of our favorite holiday looks: tailored trousers in metallics, jewel tones, plaids and florals topped with something classic and casual, like a chunky knit sweater, leather jacket or crisp white shirt. Fancy pants work as easily for the office as they do for a night out. Here are our picks:
Tweet your holiday fancy pants pics to glitter_blog_xo!
A few weeks ago, the Social and Dish girls and I snapped a few pics of the looks we’re loving for fall. We took five key pieces (a denim jacket, a navy blazer, a reptile print top, riding boots and nude heels) and paired them with statement items like coral skinny jeans, red matchstick pants, and a bright blazer. Here’s how we mixed and matched.
1. A bright blazer perks up a neutral print top and belted shorts.
2. We prettied up this classic blazer/jeans/boots combo with a bright pink tee and pearls.
3. Maxi skirts are totally having a moment now. And actually, so are chambray shirts. Together they’re perfection.
4. You *can* do white jeans in for fall! Ground them with a navy blazer and riding boots.
5. Toughen up a retro blouse and lady-like shorts with a denim jacket.
6. Our model Brooke loved this sporty look!
7. Coral skinnies add a shot of color to your go-to fall neutrals…and go with pretty much everything.
What’s your favorite look? How do you mix and match your wardrobe to create new looks?
L + J
Special thanks to our model Brooke Brown Smith and photo shoot assistants Tiffany Kendrick and Lauren Thompson.