Woof, it’s Wednesday. And in four days it will be SUNDAY. Mother’s Day. You didn’t forget, did you? To help you last-minute shoppers, we picked out eight perfect Mother’ Day gifts…most available to ship or purchase ASAP.
1. MacBeth Weekender Polo ($49). Preppy perfection with white skinnies. Express shipping available.
2. Custom Pet Illustration ($55). Obviously this wouldn’t be ready in time for Sunday…but it’s such a sweet gift, we think you should consider it anyway.
3. GroVert Mini Planter ($30). Those of us with black thumbs (ahem, both of us) love a good succulent garden. If you don’t have time to order one online, check with your local florist for delivery. In Statesboro, check with our friends at Colonial House of Flowers (912.764.6097).
4. Tory Burch In Color ($36). A gorgeous coffee table book featuring an inside look at the designer’s life with her boys. Get it in two days with Amazon Prime.
5. Elizabeth & James Nirvana White Gift Set ($75). Notes of peony make this set (eau de parfume, rollerball and body lotion) one of our faves. Plus, Sephora has TONS of gift sets. One- and two-day shipping available.
6. Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Tasting Odyssey ($10). Sometimes only chocolate will do. Hopefully Mom will share! Available at Trader Joe stores everywhere.
7. Jack Rogers Nantucket Sandal Gold ($118). These classics will go with everything in her closet this summer. Express shipping available.
8. Dani Rae Gold Quatrefoil Earrings ($29). Lightweight style for every day. Call 912-764-7463 for express shipping.
Valentine’s Day is one of our favorite holidays. What’s not to love about a day filled with happiness, treats, cheesy cards, hugs, kisses etc etc? Here are five things we’re crushing on this weekend:
1. Diptyque Rosafolia Candle: If you’re in Atlanta, check out the new Diptyque boutique in Buckhead Atlanta. You’ll never want to leave.
2. ASOS Sweater With Heart Elbow Patches: Wear your heart on your sleeve. Literally.
3. Chloe Love Story Perfume: So fresh. So amazing.
4. Kate Spade Heart Dish: Because you need the constant (adorable) reminder.
5. J. Crew Foliage Earrings: Girls…We always need fun jewels. Always.
We’re *really* feeling a beauty overhaul this weekend. Can you recommend any products in addition to the ones above? TWEET US!
we celebrated L’s birthday at Del Frisco’s // …the after party… // L’s birthday gift from J // distressed denim // J’s beauty purchase from Sephora // J and her friend Maggie at Sweetwater Brewery’s “Brew Your Cask Off” // amazing ahi tacos from Del Friscos // Mags playing dress up // hello, big city! can’t beat the view from Del Friscos patio // J spent Sunday afternoon with Jay’s niece Ellery and pup Riley // ahhh the red cups have arrived // scallop appetizer from Chops on Main in Statesboro (a much-needed date night after a week away) // baby joe the monkey
L spent last week in Atlanta, so we were able to do a little celebrating together. Love that. We’re gearing up for a busy week: stay tuned for a review of our experience at Roots Pressed Juices, our favorite holiday entertaining finds and a little dinner party how-to.
Spring is in full force here in Georgia, and we could not be more excited (though we could definitely do without the pollen). The dawn of a new season always inspires us to switch up our fragrance, and this spring we are craving light, fresh scents. Here are some of our faves.
Kate Spade Twirl: J received a sample of this in her Birchbox and immediately fell in love. This scent is emblematic of the Kate Spade brand: cheerful, fun and flirty.
twirl twirl twirl twirl.
Tom Ford Neroli Portofino: We have both been wearing Tom For Black Orchid for YEARS, so it’s no surprise that we are obsessed with his latest, Neroli Portofino. One spritz and you’ll feel like you’re on the Italian Rivera.
vacation in a bottle.
Viktor & Rolf Flower Bomb: There’s something so fresh about this scent. Light and not-at-all over powering…just gorgeous. It’s similar to J’s old faithful, Chanel Coco Mademoiselle.
oriental. gourmand. floral.
Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh: Marc Jacobs knows fragrance (among other fabulous things); his various scents are always best-sellers. Eau So Fresh is totally spring-y and sweet.
exhilarating. bubbly. playful.
Sephora Fragrance Sampler: Look. Shopping for perfume is tough. Sephora has made the experience a little easier for us all! Here’s the drill:
1. Purchase the Beauty To Go Fragrance Sampler For Her from Sephora.
2. Sample Sephora’s most popular scents.
3. Choose a favorite.
4. Redeem a roller ball at no additional charge.
which will it be?
Don’t see your fave spring scent on our list? Tweet us! @glitter_blog_xo.
I’m always looking for fun recipes to make with Joe Jr. I saw this recipe for Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins on the cute blog Two Peas and Their Pod (we featured another of their recipes here). Saturday morning seemed like the perfect time for the two of us to do a little baking…and a little tasting.
peach preserves ooze from golden peanut-y goodness.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
What You Need:
- 1 2/3 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of your favorite jelly, preserves or jam
- Standard muffin tin (recipe yields 12 muffins)
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, peanut butter, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. Spoon a heaping teaspoonful of jam on top of each cupful of batter. Then spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter over the jam.
- Divide any remaining batter equally among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the muffins have risen in the middle and are firm to the touch. (Original recipe from The Recipe Girl Cookbook)
baking is better with farm fresh eggs.
stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
hey batter, batter…
place a teaspoon of jam/jelly on top of a heaping tablespoon of batter.
cool your muffins on a wire rack.
These muffins were tasty…but I learned something the first time I made them. The original recipe called for two tablespoons of batter on the bottom, but when I did that I ran out of batter for the tops of the muffins. The second time around I did a heaping tablespoon of batter, followed by a heaping teaspoon of preserves, followed by a heaping tablespoon of batter. I did have a little left over using that method, and I just divided it among the muffin cups. I made six muffins with peach preserves (my fave) and six with grape jelly (Joe’s choice).
Joe Jr and I had fun making these- his favorite part was licking the peanut butter spoon.
don’t panic, it’s just peanut butter.
Did you do any baking this weekend? Do you have a favorite Saturday morning baking ritual? Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo!
PS – We both had rather domestic weekends. In pics…
L: baking inspiration // shopping for patio furniture // saturday snap // experimenting // knockout roses // me and my mini-minnetonka-me
J: unwinding / / took romes to chastain park for a little exercise / / a few goodies from sephora / / GOOD MORNING / / started m’guy andy cohens book ‘most talkative’ / / packing to MOVE