If you’re like us, you really put on the color during spring and summer months. Let’s face it, we live in neutrals the rest of the year (ask L about her black v-neck sweater…)
With all of this color being worn we need a solid, natural manicure to avoid clashing (the horror.) Here are some nude hues we’re feeling:
OPI Do You Take Lei Away?
top of the list for good reason. the perfect nude polish.
Sally Hansen Lush
a nude hue with a velvety finish.
full coverage with 2 coats. perfection.
What polish are you wearing this summer?
We’re headed to Atlanta market on Friday to buy for Fall/Winter 15 (be sure to follow us on Instagram @glitter_blog_xo for sneak peeks and behind the scenes pics!), and afterwards we’re headed to Lake Oconee for a quick weekend getaway. Here are the seven things we never leave home without this time of year.
1 // Pale blue is THE nail polish color for summer 15 (we know you know this). L scooped Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue Away ($2.97 WHAT) the other day, and this polish brand just might make us abandon Essie forever. It dries super-fast and has an extra-wide brush for even coverage (and also a dumb name, but we can forgive that). We also love the Double Duty Top Coat.
2 // We both have wavy hair, and we like to experiment with sea salt spray to up the texture factor. We like this one by Josie Maran, but different hair types need different sea salt sprays. This handy article will guide you to the right one for your hair.
3 // A sweaty face is not cute. These blotting papers by Tarte get rave reviews.
4 // Our friend Christa is something of a lipstick savant. Coral Crush by Maybelline is her pick for summer – in her words, it’s “not very bright but super pigmented.” View other great options here.
5 // This natural-looking self tanning spray by L’Oreal is a year-round beauty essential. It’s honestly pretty goof-proof – just be sure to prep your skin before you apply. We graduate from the “medium” shade to the “dark” shade in the summer.
6 // Our favorite volume-boosting dry shampoo. Because washing, drying and styling your hair in the summer heat is straight misery. L has been known to go for a WEEK between shampoos using this. Really.
7 // Fedora – Despite our best ninja moves with dry shampoo and sea salt spray, sometimes the only answer to summer hair is a fedora. Throw it on and don’t look back.
Oh hey, Friday. We’re hanging at the Ritz Carlton at Reynolds Plantation today, NBD. This is J’s big weekend – she will officially become a MRS. tomorrow! Be sure to follow along with us on Insta (#JJB2015) as we chronicle what’s sure to be an amazing weekend. In the meantime, check out these links to stuff we love. xo
1. Coachella Survival Guide. Headed to Coachella this weekend? Say hello to Ryan Adams for us. Also read this article and check out Dish Statesboro for #festivalstyle inspo.
2. Tudor Tutor. Move over, Downton Abbey. We’re superrrrr excited that Hilary Mantel’s Wolf Hall is now on PBS. Palace intrigue can be confusing, so use this handy guide to distinguish between Tudor loyalists and Papists while you watch.
3. Sally Hansen Self Tanner. The quest for the perfect self tanner never ends. You could say it’s our holy grail. This one is our new fave. The color is totally natural, and there’s virtually no weird fading. Don’t let the orange tint freak you out–it washes off your hands.
4. One Pot Basil + Andouille Sausage Pasta. You know we’re all about quick easy, one-pot dinners…especially those that can be repurposed for lunch the next day. This one uses tons of summer-fresh basil.
5. World Market Pendant Lamp. We think this simple-yet-special gold pendant lamp would look amazing in a powder room, small home office….or over a modern crib in a nursery.
top, heels, necklace (also seen here) and sunglasses: social (call 912.681.7008) // blazer and jeans: dish (call 912.871.3989) // bag: gucci // nails: sally hansen lacey lilac
We love creating contrast in our outfits, like pairing distressed skinny jeans with a ladylike jacket and bag. Photo credit: Chelsey Navin.