One of our favorite things to do this time of year is pack a picnic that’s easy to eat poolside. We make a few different sandwich fillings (including our favorite egg salad recipe) and whipped up a few sides. Here’s what L threw together for the Fourth of July:
Honeydew Cucumber Salad adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
What You Need:
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium honeydew melon, seeded and cut in bite-size cubes (about 5 cups)
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
What You Do:
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until combined.
- Combine honeydew melon, cucumber and onion in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Drizzle dressing over the salad and stir. Top with feta and serve.
- Leftovers will definitely keep a few days in the fridge, but you will want to strain the remaining salad before serving.