Has everyone’s week been as crazy as ours? We have been positively manic preparing to be away from our offices next week. Now that the work day is over, we’re focusing on packing for our trip to Las Vegas on Monday. We are big fans of minimal packing, so we choose our items carefully. Here’s what we’re packing for our short trip.
1. BCBGeneration Faux Leather Skirt. Of course we’re going to Vegas for work…but we do plan to get in a drink or two when we’re done. This skirt is a travel dream – it’s lightweight, will never wrinkle, and absolutely does not show dirt.
2. BCBGeneration Asymmetrical Knit Skirt. Long days at the apparel show make comfort a necessity. This simple knit skirt works with the ankle boots or the flats, and looks great with the slouchy tee (untucked) or the basic tank (tucked in and paired with the wide belt).
3. Rocket Dog Ankle Boots. We will be walking a LOT next week (in fact, we’re going to use the iPhone app Moves to track our steps! Stay tuned.), so comfy shoes are key. These Rocket Dog “Sayla” ankle boots are perfect for the trip; they look cute with skinny jeans, shorts and skirts alike. Pair them with the leather skirt and you can go anywhere in Vegas. [This also gets us out of packing heels! SO BULKY.]
4. BCBGeneration Flowy Top. We love the look of a flowy top and sleek skinny jeans. This top works for day or night, and the pretty lime color adds a nice pop to all these neutrals.
5. Rampage Studded Loafers. Flats are a must – a cinch to pack and easy to walk in. These Rampage “Ludo” gray studded loafers work with the skirt (add the white tank) and the jeans (add the flowy top or the slouchy tee).
skinnies + slouchy tee + loafers = plane ride there / day 1 of the show
knit skirt + tank + wide belt + ankle boots = day 2 of the show
leather skirt + tank + ankle boots = cocktails at the chandelier bar
skinnies + flowy top + ankle boots = plane ride home
These five pieces work together in multiple ways. All you need to add is a few basics: tank(s), v-neck, skinny jeans and a belt. Throw in our swimsuits and coverups, and we’re good to go! All items are available at Social Statesboro and Dish Statesboro.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram @glitter_blog_xo this weekend as we prepare for the trip!
Yay for the weekend! L and the Joes are headed to Greenville, South Carolina, this weekend for a mini family vacay. Today’s Friday Five is dedicated to weekend warriors everywhere.
1. Packing List. No matter where you’re going, it pays to plan your outfits ahead of time. We’re big believers in packing light – it’s no fun to lug around a bag of clothes that you end up not even wearing. For a weekend away, you really just need a few things: a great pair of skinnies, a couple of tops (one dressy, one casual), flats (unless you have a big nighttime event, leave your heels at home) and medium size bag in a bright color. Here’s L’s packing list for Greenville:
2. Homemade Snacks. It’s so much healthier (and cheaper) to make your own snacks rather than relying on the offerings at some nasty gas station. You can whip up your very own trail mix in a matter of minutes! Make a big batch and package it in small portions for the trip. Use this recipe from Taste of Home for inspiration.
3. Travel Mask: Long road trips can leave your skin looking super tired. Wake it back up with the Travelmate Mask by When. This high-quality Essence Gel Mask uses a bio-cellulose sheet created by fermenting coconut juice, each containing a high volume of fluid that is very effective in transferring the liquid nutrients to skin. We also recommend When’s 10:00PM mask for anti-aging…
4. Weekender Bag: Kate Spade Saturday is the latest and greatest from the Kate Spade New York family. KSS believes that “getting dressed should be a lot of fun” and we couldn’t agree more. We were really intrigued by Saturday’s “Design a Weekender” program where you build your own travel bag. SO FUN! You really can’t go wrong there.
5. A Good Book: Atlanta girl, Emily Giffin (you may recognize her name from other amazing books such as Something Borrowed and Something Blue…) has done it again with her latest novel Where We Belong. If you can’t read in the car, it’s also available on audio! We won’t spoil it by giving details, but trust it’s a must read.
What are you up to this weekend? Traveling anywhere fun? Tweet us! @glitter_blog_xo.
We’re back from a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas for the MAGIC apparel trade show. We had a blast, but more importantly we scored some seriously great inventory for Social and Dish. We also used our trip to launch The Glitter Life Instagram feed (@glitter_blog_xo). Thank you for all the “likes” and comments on our pics! Now, for the details…
We’re headed back to Las Vegas this afternoon for a quick trip to the MAGIC tradeshow. We’ll land tonight, work all day Wednesday, and head home to Atlanta on the red-eye late Wednesday night. We’re packing light this time. Our plan:
Tuesday: Meetings + Flight
We both have meetings Tuesday morning (including a vanity necessary stop at DryBar) before our flight leaves, so we can’t just schlub it. Skinny jeans and vests will do us right and take us all the way to LV.
Tuesday Night: Drinks
Once we get to Vegas, I’ll keep the fur vest but swap the skinnies for leather shorts, the lace tee for a flowy top, and the boots for heels. Once key to packing light is to wear your bulkiest items on the plane. For me, that’s the fur vest and boots.
Wednesday: Tradeshow + Industry Happy Hour + Dinner + Flight
We always fight the urge to dress like twins when we’re together–our brains work the same way, so it’s tough! We’ll both be wearing versions of this cute, layered outfit for the tradeshow, happy hour at BCBG, one of our fave vendors, dinner and flight home late Wednesday night.
The Packing List:
skinnys // lace tee // fur vest // scarf // pashmina (for the plane) // black leather shorts // peachy flowy top // nude heels // black leggings // oversize tunic // gray suede boots // leather jacket // striped tee and extra sweater (you never know!) // curling iron //dry shampoo // notebooks and office supplies // phone charger
We both have a version of the same Coach duffle, which is no longer available. This is probably the swan song for L’s duffle, though–ten years of weekly trips have taken their toll. Any suggestions for a replacement purchase?
We’re both wearing Essie Sand Tropez, a perfectly neutral shade that won’t show chips during our whirlwind trip.
We’ll post pics of our trip (and our outfits!) on Friday. Until then, be sure to follow our twitter feed @glitter_blog_xo for behind-the-scenes pics of MAGIC.
J and I had a busy weekend prepping for our trip to Vegas for the MAGIC tradeshow on Tuesday. In addition to our weekend wrap-up, we thought we’d start the week off with our first Glitter Girl feature. First, a few pics from the weekend.
Now, for our very first Glitter Girl.
Once a week-ish, we plan to highlight one of our favorite friends/readers/fellow Glitter Girls with a pic and a brief questionnaire. We’ll feature girls who are living in interesting places (from Atlanta to Alaska) and doing interesting things (from stylish stay-at-home moms to corporate ladder-climbers). We hope you enjoy getting to know The Glitter Life community!
Reagan Daly is the advertising manager of Savannah Media, LLC, which houses Connect Savannah and the Savannah Pennysaver. Reagan is a loyal Social and Dish shopper and we absolutely love her style. She is also the wife of a fabulous man (her words!) and mom to an amazing six year old son.
1. What item or accessory do you wear the most?My liquid metal Sergio Gutierrez bracelet. Love it!
2. What are your three favorite stores (for ANYTHING, online or bricks-and-mortar)?Social & Dish in Statesboro, Georgia (told you!) and Taz in Pawleys Island, South Carolina.
3. Fill in the blank. You would die if anyonefollowed me on Twitter.(I’m not a big Tweeter.)
4. Your last meal. What is it?Club Sandwich with EXTRA mayo. Yum!
5. What’s your guilty pleasure?Playing the 80’s throwback (90’s comeback) channel on Pandora extra loud and dancing around my house.
Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! We’ll share our packing strategy for a whirlwind 30-hour trip to Vegas tomorrow.
Happy Monday, Glitter Girls! J and I are running around today, getting ready for our trip. (Maybe you’ve heard about it?) Packing for a whole week has been a bit of a challenge. Here’s what we made room for in our suitcases…
Clearly we’re taking more than this…but these are our highlights. What are we missing? What would y’all take if you were going with us? Eeeeeeek, we’re leaving tomorrow!