Time for our Monday Motivation feature! We’ve done breakfast, we’ve done lunch…now, let’s tackle dinner. For us, the devil is in the side dishes. Loading up on bread, mashed potatoes, etc totally cancels out our healthy (usually) healthy entrees, not to mention our healthy breakfasts and lunches. So we chose this delicious roasted root veggie for today’s recipe (adapted from EverydayHealth). We promise you won’t miss the rolls and potatoes! In fact, per Joe, this “tastes like delicious vegetable CANDY.”
Balsamic + Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
(Prep Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 30 mins / Total Time: 40 mins / Yield: 4 servings)
What You Need:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4+ teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2+ tablespoons balasmic vinegar
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmsan cheese
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss together cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper. We mixed everything up in a gallon Ziploc bag – our tried and true trick for mixing veggies with oil and spices. You get an even coat every time.
- Roast on a large rimmed baking sheet (we lined the sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up) until cauliflower starts to soften and brown on the bottom, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Toss the cauliflower with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and any moisture has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes more.
PS – Every Monday, we’re going to feature a healthy recipe to carry you through the week. If you make these recipes, share your pics with us on Instagram at @glitter_blog_xo!
photo: EverydayHealth.comContinue Reading