Happy Friday! This weekend, J’s doing a trial run for wedding hair and makeup (EEEK!) and L’s working in the retail game, but we’re both going to make time to watch a little of the Masters and sip an Azalea Cocktail. In the meantime, take a few minutes to check out these links to stuff we love.
it’s friday, we’re in love…
1. Masters Party Guide. Having some friends over to watch the tourney? We gave you some suggestions yesterday, but this is a more thorough post from the guys at Criquet.
2. Jack Rogers at Sole. We’re suckers for classic Jack Rogers sandals, and now they’re available here! Bonus: The girls at Sole are giving away a pair. You heard us! Enter the giveaway here.
3. Flat Iron Waves. Tis the season for beachy waves! This is a great, easy-to-understand (even for the hair-challenged) tutorial.
4. Banana Palm Pillow. Give your couch or pool house chaise a spring update with these adorbs pillows. Bonus if you set yours up in front of a vintage VW van.
5. Essie Bachelorette Bash. You know we paint our nails every Friday. J gave her bridesmaids this bright, happy hue during our bachelorette weekend in NYC. Love love love!
What are you loving today?
These Hawaiian Ham and Swiss Sliders are THE BEST SANDWICHES YOU WILL EVER EAT, swear. L made these for her fifth annual egg hunt on Saturday, and all 96 were snapped up by party-goers (kids included!). Whip some up for a Masters viewing party this weekend and add a round of Azalea Cocktails. You’re good to go.
you cannot – repeat, cannot – eat just one of these.
Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Sliders (makes 24 sandwiches, plan on 2-3 per person)
What You Need:
- 24 slices deli honey ham (L used Sara Lee Maple Ham)
6 slices swiss cheese, cut into quarters
1/3 cup mayonnaise (L used Kraft mayo)
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard (L used French’s Dijon)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
2 packages (12 count) King’s Hawaiian Original or Honey Wheat Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls
What You Do:
- Split rolls in half and spread mayo onto 1 side of the rolls. Place a slice or two of ham and a (quarter) slice of swiss cheese in roll. Replace the top of the rolls and bunch them closely together into a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together poppy seeds, dijon mustard, melted butter, onion powder and worcestershire sauce.
- Pour sauce over the rolls, just covering the tops. Cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for additional 2 minutes until tops are slightly browned and crisp. Serve warm.
These sandwiches are also great at room temperature – don’t stress about serving them right out of the oven. You can assemble the sandwiches the night before baking – just cover TIGHTLY with plastic wrap to prevent them drying out. When you’re ready, pour on the sauce and pop them in the oven!
easy to make for a crowd.
Adapted from http://www.kingshawaiian.com.
Our friend Kate introduced us to this delicious cocktail during our weekend at the Masters golf tournament in Augusta. It’s a refreshing mix of gin and citrus, and the pretty pink color is about as girlie as you can get. Switch up your usual order with this spring concoction.
Azalea Cocktail served at the Augusta National Golf Course
What You Need:
- 1 part lime or lemon juice
- 1 part canned pineapple juice
- 3 parts gin
- Grenadine (enough to color the drink pink)
What You Do:
Mix in cocktail shaker with ice and shake. Garnish with lemon or lime wedges.
Try our other Masters-inspired recipes: Four Cheese Pimiento Cheese and Egg Salad Sandwiches.
Cell phones aren’t allowed on the course at the Augusta National, so our weekend pic selection is pitiful. We did capture a few moments, though.
We’ve got a great week of posts planned, including an awesome 30-minute meal, a recap of our buying trip in Atlanta, a sweet mother’s day gift DIY. Now, get back to work!
Every spring L and I get super excited about a little golf tournament played in April in Augusta, Georgia. We both have ties to Augusta – L grew up there, and my parents live there now – so the Masters Golf Tournament is near and dear to our hearts. We meet up there every year to enjoy spectacular golf and all the social events that come with “Masters Week.”
If you’ve ever been to the tournament, you’ve no doubt tasted one of the famed sandwiches from the concession stands scattered around the Augusta National Golf Course. Our fave is the egg salad sandwich. In anticipation of our favorite week of the year, I re-created the egg salad goodness to put us in the Masters mood.
What You Need:
- 6 hard boiled eggs, diced (how-to follows)
- 3 tbsp Kraft mayo with olive oil
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp pepper
How to Hard-Boil the Eggs:
- Place the eggs in a single layer in a heavy saucepan and cover with at least an inch of cold water.
- Add a teaspoon of salt.
- Leaving the pot uncovered, turn the heat to high. As soon as the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat and cover.
- On another burner, let sit for 17 minutes.
- Plunge eggs into ice water to cool.
- To peel, gently tap each egg against the counter, turning to crack all the way around.
To make the egg salad, just combine all ingredients and chill. Spread on the softest white bread you can find. Cut the sandwiches on the diagonal and enjoy!
thanks to L for the awesome ice-water tip! peel your eggs with ease…
onion powder added and ready to be mixed with mayo.
Are any of you attending The Masters next week? If not, whip up these sandwiches and catch the tournament on CBS. You’ll feel like you’re in Augusta (lite beer in a plastic cup optional).
Hi Hi Hi!
Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! We definitely have a love/hate relationship with this time change… See how we spent our low-key weekends:
BCBGeneration top / / hummus makes an appearance at Locos / / my Friday night date / / Saturday morning waffles / / Sunday sushi date / / mimosa / / watermelon manicure / / homemade pizza / / Pura Vida bracelets arrived at Dish!
filmed a harlem shake video at the tavern / / fresh mani / / essie fiji (my fave) / / sunday funday at the ivy (per usual) / / Jay deep in thought / / cajun angels at the ivy / / masters egg salad (recipe coming soon!) / / romes got a haircut / / arm candy
What were y’all up to this weekend? Share your pics with us on Twitter and Instagram @glitter_blog_xo.