We’re headed to Atlanta market on Friday to buy for Fall/Winter 15 (be sure to follow us on Instagram @glitter_blog_xo for sneak peeks and behind the scenes pics!), and afterwards we’re headed to Lake Oconee for a quick weekend getaway. Here are the seven things we never leave home without this time of year.
1 // Pale blue is THE nail polish color for summer 15 (we know you know this). L scooped Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue Away ($2.97 WHAT) the other day, and this polish brand just might make us abandon Essie forever. It dries super-fast and has an extra-wide brush for even coverage (and also a dumb name, but we can forgive that). We also love the Double Duty Top Coat.
2 // We both have wavy hair, and we like to experiment with sea salt spray to up the texture factor. We like this one by Josie Maran, but different hair types need different sea salt sprays. This handy article will guide you to the right one for your hair.
3 // A sweaty face is not cute. These blotting papers by Tarte get rave reviews.
4 // Our friend Christa is something of a lipstick savant. Coral Crush by Maybelline is her pick for summer – in her words, it’s “not very bright but super pigmented.” View other great options here.
5 // This natural-looking self tanning spray by L’Oreal is a year-round beauty essential. It’s honestly pretty goof-proof – just be sure to prep your skin before you apply. We graduate from the “medium” shade to the “dark” shade in the summer.
6 // Our favorite volume-boosting dry shampoo. Because washing, drying and styling your hair in the summer heat is straight misery. L has been known to go for a WEEK between shampoos using this. Really.
7 // Fedora – Despite our best ninja moves with dry shampoo and sea salt spray, sometimes the only answer to summer hair is a fedora. Throw it on and don’t look back.
We’ve been doing some shopping lately – no surprise – and we’ve been feeling especially grabby in the cosmetics department. Here’s the low-down on what we scooped in the last few days:
1. Dior: Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation. Worth every penny. It’s not heavy- looking, but it does give you a nice finished look that lasts throughout the day. It dries a little darker, so try a shade lighter than your skin tone. And wear a headband when applying so it doesn’t look like you’re due for a dye job!
2. Benefit Cosmetics: Dandelion Luminizer. This product typifies the great quality I’ve come to expect from all Benefit products. Apply it lightly for a subtle, natural-looking pink; build up from there.
3. Tigi Your Highness Shampoo/Conditioner. Sometimes our long, heavy hair needs a LIFT. J’s mom introduced her to the Your Highness (cute!) Volume Collection, which does the trick and smells delicious.
4. L’oreal: Sublime Bronze Airbrush. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again. We’re obsessed with L’Oreal’s sunless tanning products. J was super eager to try their new deep natural tan shade. It’s perfect (we could have guessed that).
5. Garnier Nutrioniste Ultra Lift Pro Intensive Deep Wrinkle Night Cream. It’s a mouthful…but L loves this stuff. It feels nice and thick going on, but dries to a super smooth finish on your skin.
6. Wet N Wild MegaSlicks Lip Gloss in Bronze Berry. You know we’re suckers for a neutral (and cheap) lip-gloss. This Wet N Wild gloss may replace our go-to gloss this summer. It’s a little darker than our beloved NYC Everlasting Blossom…but we’re feeling it!
What are your go-to beauty products!? Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo or Instagram your finds @glitter_blog_xo.
HAPPY FRIDAY! It finally feels like spring here in Georgia. We’re in the mood to try something new this weekend! Oh, you too? May we suggest…
1. Golf. We know what you’re thinking. Golf is a slow game played by old men, right? WRONG. Golf can be super exciting (in what other sport can a 14 year old and a 53 year old be competitive with each other?!), and there’s definitely some eye candy on the course. Just look at Luke Donald, Bubba Watson and Keegan Bradley. If you’ve never been a fan, break into golf by watching The Masters live here. We swear you’ll love it.
cutie-pie rory mcilroy with girlfriend caroline woznicaki. she caddied for him during wednesday’s par three tournament. image: Andrew Redington/Getty Images.
2. Farmers Market. Sick of the usual Saturday afternoon Kroger trip? Switch it up and try your local farmers market for FRESH and locally grown fruit, veggies and flowers. April is the best time to go: read our tips here.
dekalb farmers market, atlanta, georgia.
3. Fresh Flowers. Speaking of fresh flowers, celebrate spring with a fun, homemade floral arrangement. This site offers lots of inspiration. Whatever you do, make it fresh and make it fun. We love these painted mason jars.
hydrangeas in mason jars.
4. Self-Tan. It’s finally warm…so show some skin this weekend! Don’t be scared. Scoop a can of L’Oreal Sublime and go to town. You’ll be glad you did. We love this fool-proof spray.
magic in a bottle.
5. Enter our French Bull Giveaway. ATTENTION! Our FAVE boutiques Social and Dish are doing a Facebook giveaway through Sunday 4.14. Simply “Like, Comment, Share” to enter to win one of these adorable French Bull trays.
click here to enter on facebook.
We’re down at the Atlanta Apparel Mart this morning for a quick buying trip, then headed east to Augusta for a little Masters action. What are you up to this weekend? Tweet us! @glitter_blog_xo.