$83 – neimanmarcus.com
$53 – neimanmarcus.com
$125 – bloomingdales.com
$145 – nordstrom.com
J and three sweet friends threw the most amazing baby shower for Baby Ed and me at Forest Heights Country Club in Statesboro. You may have seen a few pics on Instagram. These are a few more of our favorites! We’ll start from the beginning…
I was so glad my mom was able to make the trip. We all missed my mother-in-law, who was (smartly) cruising in cooler temps.
My favorite surprise of the day was…a FLOWER CROWN! I have never been so excited (or so glad that I didn’t do my hair in a top-knot). I had a really hard time taking it off at the end of the
I was so excited and flattered that three of the hostesses were repping my stores! From left: Christa is wearing a skirt from Social Statesboro and Jack Rogers “Georgica” sandals from Sole Statesboro. J’s wearing an ASOS gypsy dress and fringe booties from Lulu’s (sold out, similar here). I’m wearing a vintage Lilly Pulitzer dress (a hand-me-down from my mom – I actually wore this five years ago to a baby shower for Joe!) and Tory Burch heels (incredibly old, also seen here). Kate’s wearing a Love Poppy leather tassel necklace from Sole Statesboro. Niki’s wearing Spanx cropped denim leggings (they’re also a favorite of mine), Jack Rogers “Lauren” sandals and a Sneak Peek top, all from Sole Statesboro.
Everyone who knows me knows I live for brunch. I was so happy to see quiche and mini-pancakes on the menu!
I had the cutest little helpers opening gifts: Joe and his BBFL Leo.
Kate arranged these simple and cute rock candy favors. Joe was fascinated with these…and then he really flipped when he realized it was actual CANDY.
Each hostess received a small succulent in mercury glass from Colonial House.
Post-shower, Joe and I hung out in Ed’s new nursery. He told me “Mom, that was a GREAT PARTY.”…and I totally agree. I was overwhelmed at how beautiful everything was, and how these four friends nailed all of my favorite things. Baby Ed and I are so lucky to have four such incredible women in our lives.
Woof, it’s Wednesday. And in four days it will be SUNDAY. Mother’s Day. You didn’t forget, did you? To help you last-minute shoppers, we picked out eight perfect Mother’ Day gifts…most available to ship or purchase ASAP.
1. MacBeth Weekender Polo ($49). Preppy perfection with white skinnies. Express shipping available.
2. Custom Pet Illustration ($55). Obviously this wouldn’t be ready in time for Sunday…but it’s such a sweet gift, we think you should consider it anyway.
3. GroVert Mini Planter ($30). Those of us with black thumbs (ahem, both of us) love a good succulent garden. If you don’t have time to order one online, check with your local florist for delivery. In Statesboro, check with our friends at Colonial House of Flowers (912.764.6097).
4. Tory Burch In Color ($36). A gorgeous coffee table book featuring an inside look at the designer’s life with her boys. Get it in two days with Amazon Prime.
5. Elizabeth & James Nirvana White Gift Set ($75). Notes of peony make this set (eau de parfume, rollerball and body lotion) one of our faves. Plus, Sephora has TONS of gift sets. One- and two-day shipping available.
6. Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Tasting Odyssey ($10). Sometimes only chocolate will do. Hopefully Mom will share! Available at Trader Joe stores everywhere.
7. Jack Rogers Nantucket Sandal Gold ($118). These classics will go with everything in her closet this summer. Express shipping available.
8. Dani Rae Gold Quatrefoil Earrings ($29). Lightweight style for every day. Call 912-764-7463 for express shipping.
Happy Friday! This weekend, J’s doing a trial run for wedding hair and makeup (EEEK!) and L’s working in the retail game, but we’re both going to make time to watch a little of the Masters and sip an Azalea Cocktail. In the meantime, take a few minutes to check out these links to stuff we love.
What are you loving today?
Recently our sweet friend Corinna was inquiring about our favorite spring/summer wedges. We compiled this list for her (ranging from boho to classic to dressy) and wanted to share it with you, too!
NOTE: The original title of this post was Wedges Wednesday. Did anyone else’s Wednesday spiral out of control?
1. Shop Social Dish “Wisdom” Wedges. Wear these platform boho beauties with bell bottoms and maxi dresses. And they’re only $39. Hellow!
2. Halogen “Clarette” Wedge Sandal. This super-versatile sandal (skews classic, not boho) can be paired with pretty much anything in your closet. Corinna actually ended up choosing these!
3. Shop Social Dish “Daff” Wedge. L would call this a “shootie” wedge. We’d pair these taller, chunkier wedges with dark or distressed skinnies and a linen blazer for a dressier look.
4. Jack Rogers Marbella Mid Wedge. Every Southern girl needs a pair of Jack Rogers, and these metallic not-too-high wedges go beautifully with tailored shorts and summer dresses. SPECIAL OFFER for you guys: Order these from Sole Statesboro and get 20% off!
5. MICHAEL Michael Kors “Josephine” Wedges. If we had to pick ONE wedge to wear all spring/summer, with everrrrrrrything, it might be these MICHAEL Michael Kors wedges. We love the strap (buckle, not velcro), the versatile light tan color and the wooden platform.
Stay tuned for pics from our recent trip to NYC!