We have a sneaking suspicion that the weather is not going to cooperate with our pool/beach plans this weekend…so we might just spend the next 48 hours shopping on our phones. These five things top our must-have list!
1 // Gingham Shirtdress. Timeless and seasonless. This cotton dress by Shop Social Dish is easy and breezy now paired with sandals; it’ll also work in the fall with classic riding boots. Use secret code GLITTER when you check out to get 10% off!
4 // ASOS Larissa Flats. J actually scooped these crazy cute flats earlier this week. So summer-y paired with a chambray shirt and white ripped skinnies. They also come in black, for those of you who aren’t as into pineapples as we are.
5 // South China Seas Pillow. L continues to be obsessed with all things chinoiserie. This coral pillow (the print is Thibaut’s South China Seas) would be amazing on a navy sofa. We’ve used this Etsy seller before – great stuff. So. Many. Pillows.
Share your favorite things with us (and see snaps from our holiday weekend adventures) on Instagram at @glitter_blog_xo,
Can we just say we are READY for the weekend? Rumor has it the weather’s going to be beautiful. J is headed to Lake Oconee; L is ready for some one-on-one time (and a few decorating projects) with Baby Joe. Here are five links we’re loving today!
1. Best Nail Polish Colors for Spring 2015. Weekends are for painting your nails, and this “best of” list will give you plenty of inspiration. In case you’re wondering (and we know you are), at the moment J’s nails are Essie Lilacism and L’s nails are Essie Tart Deco, an old fave that feels fresh right now.
3. Barefoot Workout. If the mention of swimsuit shopping just gave you a panic attack, check out this genius barefoot workout. Sure, you can do it on the beach (maybe awkward)…but also in your backyard, in your living room, etc. We’re both going to do this a few times this weekend.
4. Styling Tricks for Your Home. L and Baby Joe are planning to do some sprucing up around the house this weekend. We loved this list of 11 tricks from Domaine that will make your home look (more) like a magazine.
5. Smores Bites. Our weekends are not complete without a sweet treat. J made these S’mores Bites by the First Year last night to take to the lake. Full disclosure: they did not turn out EXACTLY like the pic…but they sure were tasty. Practice makes perfect, right?
Happy Friday! J’s honeymooning in Italy this week and next, so L is holding down the glitter fort.
Here’s what we’re feeling right now: a charming springtime salad, the cutest tote, a must-try cocktail, how to use your iPhone (really) and a quiz we dare you to take. Hope you love these links as much as we do!
1. Salad Nicoise. We’re craving fresh flavor right now, and this gorg salad (half the joy is in the arranging) brought to you by A Beautiful Mess fits the bill perfectly.
3. Grapefruit Paloma. What’s a Paloma, you ask? A delicious tequila-based cocktail with just the right amount of fizz. So refreshing. Just looking at this picture makes us wish it was happy hour.
4. 20 Cool iPhone Hacks.This article details 20 useful tricks to get the most out of your beloved iPhone. Some you’ll recognize, most you won’t. At least we didn’t! Upgrade to fancy quotation marks? Don’t mind if we DO.
5. Quiz. Flashback to our Seventeen magazine days – who doesn’t love a good quiz? Take the “How Design Savvy Are You?” quiz by Domaine and test whether you know your book-matched from your herringbone. Spoiler: L is a Design Master! But you probably knew that already. 😉
J is in Greensboro doing a tasting for her upcoming wedding, and L is on the road to Atlanta for Apparel Market. Be sure to check out our IG (@glitter_blog_xo and @shopsocialdish) tomorrow for spring fashion sneak peeks! In the meantime (and in the spirit of Friday) we’re highlighting five date night outfits we’re really feeling right now.
View more outfit ideas on our Date Night Pinterest Board. Have a great weekend!
In case you hadn’t noticed, we’re heading into the holiday season – that wonderful/stressful time of year when there’s something to do and somewhere to go every.single.night. Behold, our top five tips for looking and being your best at a party. You’re going to need them!
Y’all. The weather in Georgia has been out of control. It has rained literally every single day for the past month. There’s more rain on tap for this weekend; let’s cheer ourselves up with some cute rainy day outfits.