Fridays are always CRAZY around here, so we usually take it easy in comfy basics.
Here’s what we’ve got going on today (check out our Instagram @glitter_blog_xo for more real-life outfits!):
The BCBGeneration knotted top is no longer available, so we linked to some similar options on Shopstyle. Check it all out here. Happy Friday!
With the first official day of fall just around the corner, it’s time to darken up our manicures. Who doesn’t love a deep, rich nail color? Here are a few of our all time FAVE fall hues:
If you’re like us, you really put on the color during spring and summer months. Let’s face it, we live in neutrals the rest of the year (ask L about her black v-neck sweater…)
With all of this color being worn we need a solid, natural manicure to avoid clashing (the horror.) Here are some nude hues we’re feeling:
OPI Do You Take Lei Away?
top of the list for good reason. the perfect nude polish.
Sally Hansen Lush
a nude hue with a velvety finish.
full coverage with 2 coats. perfection.
What polish are you wearing this summer?
We’re headed to Atlanta market on Friday to buy for Fall/Winter 15 (be sure to follow us on Instagram @glitter_blog_xo for sneak peeks and behind the scenes pics!), and afterwards we’re headed to Lake Oconee for a quick weekend getaway. Here are the seven things we never leave home without this time of year.
1 // Pale blue is THE nail polish color for summer 15 (we know you know this). L scooped Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue Away ($2.97 WHAT) the other day, and this polish brand just might make us abandon Essie forever. It dries super-fast and has an extra-wide brush for even coverage (and also a dumb name, but we can forgive that). We also love the Double Duty Top Coat.
2 // We both have wavy hair, and we like to experiment with sea salt spray to up the texture factor. We like this one by Josie Maran, but different hair types need different sea salt sprays. This handy article will guide you to the right one for your hair.
3 // A sweaty face is not cute. These blotting papers by Tarte get rave reviews.
4 // Our friend Christa is something of a lipstick savant. Coral Crush by Maybelline is her pick for summer – in her words, it’s “not very bright but super pigmented.” View other great options here.
5 // This natural-looking self tanning spray by L’Oreal is a year-round beauty essential. It’s honestly pretty goof-proof – just be sure to prep your skin before you apply. We graduate from the “medium” shade to the “dark” shade in the summer.
6 // Our favorite volume-boosting dry shampoo. Because washing, drying and styling your hair in the summer heat is straight misery. L has been known to go for a WEEK between shampoos using this. Really.
7 // Fedora – Despite our best ninja moves with dry shampoo and sea salt spray, sometimes the only answer to summer hair is a fedora. Throw it on and don’t look back.
Can we just say we are READY for the weekend? Rumor has it the weather’s going to be beautiful. J is headed to Lake Oconee; L is ready for some one-on-one time (and a few decorating projects) with Baby Joe. Here are five links we’re loving today!
five things to try/buy this weekend.
1. Best Nail Polish Colors for Spring 2015. Weekends are for painting your nails, and this “best of” list will give you plenty of inspiration. In case you’re wondering (and we know you are), at the moment J’s nails are Essie Lilacism and L’s nails are Essie Tart Deco, an old fave that feels fresh right now.
2. Swim Sale. Shop our fave swimwear brands at Dish Boutique this weekend and take 20% off your order using the secret code SWIM15. We’re dying for the printed L*Space Chloe Wrap Top.
3. Barefoot Workout. If the mention of swimsuit shopping just gave you a panic attack, check out this genius barefoot workout. Sure, you can do it on the beach (maybe awkward)…but also in your backyard, in your living room, etc. We’re both going to do this a few times this weekend.
4. Styling Tricks for Your Home. L and Baby Joe are planning to do some sprucing up around the house this weekend. We loved this list of 11 tricks from Domaine that will make your home look (more) like a magazine.
5. Smores Bites. Our weekends are not complete without a sweet treat. J made these S’mores Bites by the First Year last night to take to the lake. Full disclosure: they did not turn out EXACTLY like the pic…but they sure were tasty. Practice makes perfect, right?
Happy Friday! This weekend, J’s doing a trial run for wedding hair and makeup (EEEK!) and L’s working in the retail game, but we’re both going to make time to watch a little of the Masters and sip an Azalea Cocktail. In the meantime, take a few minutes to check out these links to stuff we love.
it’s friday, we’re in love…
1. Masters Party Guide. Having some friends over to watch the tourney? We gave you some suggestions yesterday, but this is a more thorough post from the guys at Criquet.
2. Jack Rogers at Sole. We’re suckers for classic Jack Rogers sandals, and now they’re available here! Bonus: The girls at Sole are giving away a pair. You heard us! Enter the giveaway here.
3. Flat Iron Waves. Tis the season for beachy waves! This is a great, easy-to-understand (even for the hair-challenged) tutorial.
4. Banana Palm Pillow. Give your couch or pool house chaise a spring update with these adorbs pillows. Bonus if you set yours up in front of a vintage VW van.
5. Essie Bachelorette Bash. You know we paint our nails every Friday. J gave her bridesmaids this bright, happy hue during our bachelorette weekend in NYC. Love love love!
What are you loving today?
Having trouble finishing up your wish lists this year? Just pass this little post on to your gift givers and your days will be merry and BRIGHT!
pop fizz highballs, cable knit hat, minimergency kit, kraft journal, perfume, thermal mug, copper mugs, pen, candle, mocs, polish.