1. Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect: Used this de-tangler/ UV shield combined with “It’s a 10 Plus Keratin,” and my hair feels like silk. The smell alone is glorious. I think I’ll toss this in my pool bag for post-swim hair.
2. DDF® Acne Control Treatment: I love a good spot treatment I can keep in my purse for emergencies (you know it happens…). This will replace my Murad – the smell is WAY more tolerable.
4. Benefit it’s potent! eye cream: This eye cream has been sitting in my shopping cart for a month, but I didn’t want to pull the trigger before trying it. You can imagine how THRILLED I was to find a mini in my Birchbox. Y’all. This stuff works. You can see and feel the results. Totally purchasing the full-size ASAP.
5. Birchbox Bobby Pins: Adorable. 100%. A little thicker than my usual hair pins, but way more fun.
What was in your Birchbox this month? Not a member? Click here to sign up!
So, we basically blinked and the holidays are here. And you know what that means (besides family drama)…TRAVEL. L and I are seasoned road warriors, and we’re sharing our top five travel essentials on today’s Friday Five.
1.Dry Shampoo: Sitting in a car/plane for hours on end can make your hair feel totally flat and/or greasy. Liven up your locks with Psssssst Instant Spray Shampoo. Hair looks, feels and smells freshly shampooed without water. Easy.
2.Moisturizer: When winter weather leaves our faces feeling dry and chapped, we rely on Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Perfecting Water Moisture Mist. Not sure what is in this “water,” but our skin loves it! Skin looks hydrated and softened with the first use. This product is *key* when traveling.
3. All-In-One Products: It’s one thing to spread all your stuff out on your own bathroom counter (JENNY), but the holidays often mean sharing cramped quarters. L really loves this Garnier Ultimate Cleanser–it doubles as an exfoliating scrub (scrub your face for two minutes) and *triples* as a purifying mask (leave it on for five minutes). You basically get an entire face cleaning arsenal in one tube. We’re all about multi-tasking.
4. Flats: How in the world are some of these ladies running around the airport in 5” stilettos!? Tone it down with some cute and comfortable flats, okay?
5. Travel Pouch: Don’t stash your luxe travel products in a boring ziplock bag. We suggest Kate Spade:
*Don’t forget your phone/iPad/laptop chargers! We’ve been guilty of that too many times to count.*
And speaking of travel, L and I are reuniting in Athens this weekend for the University of Georgia/Georgia Southern football game. One or both of us will probably end up painting our nails in public. It’s a tradition. Hope you are as excited as we are for the weekend!