As promised, here are a few of my favorite looks for the holiday season. You don’t need much: a fun little skirt and a few special accessories will get you through.
I wore this adorable plaid skirt for a family holiday event. It’s sold out for now (but keep looking – this brand has a habit of restocking popular items!), so I rounded up some other equally cute little plaid numbers for you guys.
Here I am, wearing my trusty “Sidewalk Skirt” again. Also, I’m a big believer in tights. They really do make a huge difference as far as warmth! But all tights are not created equal. These Spanx Luxe Leg Tights are the only tights I will ever wear – they are 100% opaque, never lose their shape and do a LOT for you as far as holding everything in. They’re a big confidence booster! I’m wearing them in the first pic as well.
It has rained literally EVERY DAY this summer – and every single day – it’s forced me to up my rainy-day outfit game. I love this embroidered baseball hat from Dish (I’m also feeling this satin one from Forever 21, which is super similar!), and this lightweight camo jacket has become my go-to layer. It’s under $40 and is stocked in all sizes! I’ve been wearing these TOMS Memphis sunnies for over two years. They fit my face perfectly (no bending or molding necessary), and they never slide off my ears. These come in a bunch of cool color combos; the tortoise ones like mine are on major sale right now!
The Joes and I spent a weekend in Atlanta, doing some tourist-y things, hanging out with Jennifer, Jay and James and attending the christening of our sweet friend Corinna’s daughter Quinn. Little Joe broke hearts in his pink shorts and blazer (his is from Janie & Jack, and I couldn’t find it online…this one from J Crew is similar). Click the photo for the other details, including a few options for his Vineyard Vines shirt.
J is in Greensboro doing a tasting for her upcoming wedding, and L is on the road to Atlanta for Apparel Market. Be sure to check out our IG (@glitter_blog_xo and @shopsocialdish) tomorrow for spring fashion sneak peeks! In the meantime (and in the spirit of Friday) we’re highlighting five date night outfits we’re really feeling right now.
View more outfit ideas on our Date Night Pinterest Board. Have a great weekend!
Black, brown, aztec print, rattan, metallics, tortoise…we think it all goes together beautifully. So wear what you love! Fun fact: We both own this adorable Tory Burch tortoise cuff. #twins (L’s was a gift from her mom!) Photos taken on Jekyll Island, Georgia.
This week’s Friday Five is dedicated to New Year’s Eve essentials. After all, it’s a big night and you need to look/feel amazing! Here we go…
1. Chain-strap bag. NYE is not the night to lug around your trusty tote. You need a small, clutch-sized bag with a chain, so you can sling it over your shoulder when necessary. We both love our Tory Burch Reva clutches–J’s is gold, mine is black. Those exact styles aren’t available any more…so why don’t you go for this one?
2. Bling. We believe strongly in the power of bling. Whether you’re wearing jeans and a sweater, sleek black pants and a sparkly top, or a full-on cocktail dress, NYE is the night to bring out your biggest, brightest bling. We love these earrings from Social Statesboro.
3. Stay-put Lip Gloss. Your lip gloss will have to last through cocktails, dinner, more cocktails, champagne, and a smooch or two. Avon Perfect Wear Extracting Lip Gloss stays put for–wait for it–eight hours. Actually, according to Oprah’s testers, it lasted for for ELEVEN hours, with no reapplying. Either way, this will get you through the night.
4. Tights. Just because it’s cold doesn’t mean you have to wear ski pants. Keep warm and stay stylish with a pair of patterned tights. These will jazz up your LBD and–bonus–smooth you out.
5. Wine Wipes. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again…wine wipes. These stain-erasing cloths are a must for your NYE bag. Say cheers to pearly whites!
What’s in your bag for New Year’s!? Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo
We are in serious recovery mode from Christmas. Serious. We’ll report on our holiday happenings soon. In the meantime, let’s start thinking about New Years. Here’s what we’re feeling for a glittery, glam ensemble: