Friday. You are back. And we love you.
If you’re like us, you’re always looking for new restaurants to try over the weekend. Need suggestions in Atlanta? Look no further.
1. C&S Seafood + Oyster Bar: J took cover here Monday night during a legit monsoon and stumbled upon one of the most delicious shrimp cocktails (and actual cocktails) ever.
2. Joey D’s Oak Room: We’ve suggested them before. For a reason. If you’re looking for really GREAT food every visit, Joey D’s is your spot. I mean how delicious does that sandwich look?
3. Home grown GA: Homegrown came HIGHLY recommended by J’s coworker, Bill, mainly because of their award winning sloppy joe. The best part is that the sloppy joe is… wait for it… VEGAN. And amazingly delicious.
4. American Food + Beverage: L and I gave this new Buckhead Atlanta spot a try when she was in town a few weeks ago. LOVE it. Going in for round 2 tonight with some girlfriends. Boiled peanut hummus is definitely on the agenda.
i promise to get a great photo of this tonight, but in the meantime one from @ATLFoodSnob.
5. Turner Field: Okay so this may not be a restaurant BUT the Braves are playing the Cubs in Atlanta this weekend. Take in the game. Share some patriotic dippin dots with your love, but not the wine of course.
J: WOW. What a weekend. A group of girlfriends and I took over Chicago to celebrate Mary’s 30th. Here are a few snaps to sum it up:
post pizza picture. ❤
annnd now we’re brunching. at chicago q. amazing.
the cucumber margarita at bar takito is out of this world. highly recommend.
until next time!
J: You guys. Tomorrow is my friend Mary’s 30th birthday! YAY! Here we are the night Jay and I got engaged. I hope she has that same smile on her face all weekend long in CHICAGO.
HBD, MARES ❤
We’re skipping town to meet up with our girls, Anny and Shaili, in The Windy City. I can hardly contain my excitement.
With that, here are 5 things that are on our agenda this weekend. As you will see, we’re eating our way through the city. Reviews to follow after we’re back and recovered.
1. Gino’s East: Mary’s first birthday request… to eat pizza at Gino’s East. She says it’s the best. I’ll be the judge of that.
2. Tanta Chicago: We were lucky to land a reservation at this Peruvian hot spot. Let’s see what this cebiche is all about.
3. Chicago Q: Who doesn’t love a good BBQ joint? The bruleed macaroni and cheese is calling my name.
4. Bar Takito: Just the decor in this place looks so fun. Already dreaming of a cucumber margarita…
5. Bottlefork: This will be me: “One bag of sour cream donut holes, please.”
I have my BFF and Chicagoan, Anny Kitchen, to thank for this amazing itinerary. Stay tuned for trip pics on our Instagram page!
We had a crazy busy weekend filled with a lot of work and a little play. Follow along with us next time on Instagram @glitter_blog_xo.
Happy Sunday, glitter girls!
We hope all of you had a fantastic week full of Halloween festivities. We did, and we are recovering today. Check out our wrap-up.
Got the most amazing birthday gift ever from J on Monday! Had a blast celebrating my birthday with friends on Tuesday night. Joe and I spent Halloween night with some good friends and their kids. Baby Joe charmed us all in his awesome hamburger costume (sadly, no pic of that). Spent our Friday night cooking up ribs for a tailgating segment on local TV…
that’s me in the middle, wearing my new Yacht Rock aviators.
mmmm, smell those ribs?
see that sign in the upper right hand corner? that means no do-overs.
Spent Halloween entertaining family, ladling out homemade potato soup, and trying hard not to eat *all* of the candy.
Jay’s super cute niece, Ellery, was a candy corn princess.
ready for trick-or-treaters. no fun-size candy bars in this house!
Hope your week was wonderful!
L + J