We hope you had a wonderful time with your families this holiday season. We enjoyed a few days off…and now we’re ready to dive headfirst into 2014! Best of all? We’ll be ringing in the new year together (YAY). In the meantime, today we’re sharing some choice Christmas pics.Continue Reading
Our friend Kate introduced us to this delicious cocktail during our weekend at the Masters golf tournament in Augusta. It’s a refreshing mix of gin and citrus, and the pretty pink color is about as girlie as you can get. Switch up your usual order with this spring concoction.
Azalea Cocktail served at the Augusta National Golf Course
What You Need:
- 1 part lime or lemon juice
- 1 part canned pineapple juice
- 3 parts gin
- Grenadine (enough to color the drink pink)
What You Do:
Mix in cocktail shaker with ice and shake. Garnish with lemon or lime wedges.
Cell phones aren’t allowed on the course at the Augusta National, so our weekend pic selection is pitiful. We did capture a few moments, though.
We’ve got a great week of posts planned, including an awesome 30-minute meal, a recap of our buying trip in Atlanta, a sweet mother’s day gift DIY. Now, get back to work!
Every spring L and I get super excited about a little golf tournament played in April in Augusta, Georgia. We both have ties to Augusta – L grew up there, and my parents live there now – so the Masters Golf Tournament is near and dear to our hearts. We meet up there every year to enjoy spectacular golf and all the social events that come with “Masters Week.”
If you’ve ever been to the tournament, you’ve no doubt tasted one of the famed sandwiches from the concession stands scattered around the Augusta National Golf Course. Our fave is the egg salad sandwich. In anticipation of our favorite week of the year, I re-created the egg salad goodness to put us in the Masters mood.
What You Need:
- 6 hard boiled eggs, diced (how-to follows)
- 3 tbsp Kraft mayo with olive oil
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 tsp pepper
How to Hard-Boil the Eggs:
- Place the eggs in a single layer in a heavy saucepan and cover with at least an inch of cold water.
- Add a teaspoon of salt.
- Leaving the pot uncovered, turn the heat to high. As soon as the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat and cover.
- On another burner, let sit for 17 minutes.
- Plunge eggs into ice water to cool.
- To peel, gently tap each egg against the counter, turning to crack all the way around.
To make the egg salad, just combine all ingredients and chill. Spread on the softest white bread you can find. Cut the sandwiches on the diagonal and enjoy!Continue Reading
I love anything salty-sweet, and I’ve been obsessed with White Chocolate Snack Mix ever since Glitter Girl Melanie Herrington made it for our very first Easter Egg Hunt two years ago. I made it again this year, so I thought I’d share the recipe. It’s pretty and perfect for a spring party. Snack on it by the bowlful, or place individual portions in clear cello bags and tie with a pretty ribbon for cute favors.
Ingredients (makes 20 1-cup portions)
- 6 cups cereal (Mel recommends a mix of Golden Grahams, Multi Grain Cheerios and Chex)
- 1 12oz. bag mini M&Ms (try to get the pastel kind!)
- 3 cups pretzels (sticks or mini pretzels)
- 1/2 jar dry roasted peanuts
- 1 bag white chocolate chips, melted
Mix dry ingredients together. Pour melted chocolate over mix and stir to coat. Spread mix out on wax paper to dry. TRY NOT TO EAT IT ALL AT ONCE.
Speaking of Easter, we had a great one with family and friends.
How was your weekend? Share you Easter pics with us on Twitter/Instagram! @glitter_blog_xoContinue Reading
Hi Hi Hi!
Whew. This weekend *flew* by. L spent hers cheering on the Georgia Southern Eagles (they won! eeek!), engagement party hopping and wrestling with Christmas tree lights. J traveled back to Augusta to attend her first holiday party of the season. Our weekend in pics:
Hope all of you had a great weekend! We’ve got lots on tap for this week: must-have planners and calendars for 2013, our fave accessories and a recipe or two. Here’s to the week!