Let’s face it. We all long for gorgeous, luxurious locks. It’s time to get your hair back to its cooler-weather glory and get this… it’s happening in the kitchen.
Eggs are a great way to get biotin, a B vitamin that helps strengthen brittle strands. For a spicy twist, scramble with sriracha and fresh cilantro!
Red bell peppers have a TON of vitamin C to protect your tresses from UV rays. Try dipping slices in hummus for an afternoon snack.
Similar to salmon, barramundi is rich in omega 3 which works to keep your hair hydrated and shiny! Bonus: it has half the calories of salmon. Fish tacos anyone?
Do you have additional tips for better hair? Share them with us on twitter! @glitter_blog_xo
We’re headed to Atlanta market on Friday to buy for Fall/Winter 15 (be sure to follow us on Instagram @glitter_blog_xo for sneak peeks and behind the scenes pics!), and afterwards we’re headed to Lake Oconee for a quick weekend getaway. Here are the seven things we never leave home without this time of year.
1 // Pale blue is THE nail polish color for summer 15 (we know you know this). L scooped Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue Away ($2.97 WHAT) the other day, and this polish brand just might make us abandon Essie forever. It dries super-fast and has an extra-wide brush for even coverage (and also a dumb name, but we can forgive that). We also love the Double Duty Top Coat.
2 // We both have wavy hair, and we like to experiment with sea salt spray to up the texture factor. We like this one by Josie Maran, but different hair types need different sea salt sprays. This handy article will guide you to the right one for your hair.
3 // A sweaty face is not cute. These blotting papers by Tarte get rave reviews.
4 // Our friend Christa is something of a lipstick savant. Coral Crush by Maybelline is her pick for summer – in her words, it’s “not very bright but super pigmented.” View other great options here.
5 // This natural-looking self tanning spray by L’Oreal is a year-round beauty essential. It’s honestly pretty goof-proof – just be sure to prep your skin before you apply. We graduate from the “medium” shade to the “dark” shade in the summer.
6 // Our favorite volume-boosting dry shampoo. Because washing, drying and styling your hair in the summer heat is straight misery. L has been known to go for a WEEK between shampoos using this. Really.
7 // Fedora – Despite our best ninja moves with dry shampoo and sea salt spray, sometimes the only answer to summer hair is a fedora. Throw it on and don’t look back.
Okay, this is our last post about J’s wedding weekend. But we really wanted to share some behind-the scenes pics. Enjoy!
bridesmaids fueled up on brunch + bubbly.
l + j at brunch.
l made this practice bouquet for j from hydrangeas (picked up at the local publix) and finished with satin ribbon from several of j’s wedding shower gifts. nail polish: essie bachelorette bash.
bridesmaid kati made these adorbs champagne glasses, customized for each member of the bridal party. on the table: crafting materials (from ikea!) for the rehearsal dinner centerpieces. we all pitched in!
jay’s mom karen assembled 100+ gift boxes for the cocktail reception guests. inside: georgia peanuts (in mason jars – cute!), bottled water, golf balls and customized koozies and golf tees.
bridesmaid mary + brendan on the patio at the rehearsal dinner. loved her maxi dress!
the bridal party got dolled up at The Spa at the Ritz Carlton. j gifted each bridesmaid adorable h&m pajamas to wear while getting ready. also pictured: vintage-y earrings, another gift from j.
j’s something borrowed: an antique bracelet from l. the bride also borrowed gorg diamond earrings from her aunt.
one of our favorite pics from the weekend. we snapped this selfie minutes before walking down the aisle!
presenting mr. and mrs. james murray baker, iv! j’s dress: winnie couture.
bridesmaid maggie + talmadge. photo bomb: brendan.
j’s bouquet of peonies wowed everyone. bouquet: findlay rowe designs. cake: the ritz carlton.
honestly one of the best meals we’ve ever had: filet of beef tenderloin, seared sea scallops and braised veggies. catering: the ritz carlton.
the happy couple snapped a pic before digging in to dinner.
j + maid of honor annie.
l + joe at the reception. loved the handy pockets on our bridesmaids’ dresses!
…and that’s a wrap! #jjb2015 was one for the books. photo credit: the willets.
In honor of Coachella and the start of music festival season , we bring you a sweet little flower crown DIY from Lauren Conrad…accompanied by GORGEOUS pics of crowns designed by some of our favorite local glitter girls, the gals from Colonial House of Flowers. Even if this look isn’t your style (we can’t all take a week off to go to music festivals, after all)…we hope you take a moment to enjoy the beauty around you this spring!
See the DIY here.
Floral Design: Colonial House of Flowers. See more of their work here!
Photos 1 & 2: J Leigh Captures.
Photos 3 & 4: Diana Daley Photographers.
Happy Friday! This weekend, J’s doing a trial run for wedding hair and makeup (EEEK!) and L’s working in the retail game, but we’re both going to make time to watch a little of the Masters and sip an Azalea Cocktail. In the meantime, take a few minutes to check out these links to stuff we love.
it’s friday, we’re in love…
1. Masters Party Guide. Having some friends over to watch the tourney? We gave you some suggestions yesterday, but this is a more thorough post from the guys at Criquet.
2. Jack Rogers at Sole. We’re suckers for classic Jack Rogers sandals, and now they’re available here! Bonus: The girls at Sole are giving away a pair. You heard us! Enter the giveaway here.
3. Flat Iron Waves. Tis the season for beachy waves! This is a great, easy-to-understand (even for the hair-challenged) tutorial.
4. Banana Palm Pillow. Give your couch or pool house chaise a spring update with these adorbs pillows. Bonus if you set yours up in front of a vintage VW van.
5. Essie Bachelorette Bash. You know we paint our nails every Friday. J gave her bridesmaids this bright, happy hue during our bachelorette weekend in NYC. Love love love!
What are you loving today?
SUPER excited to share my Birchbox goodies with you girls! (For those unfamiliar with Birchbox, it’s one of the original subscription beauty boxes. A glorious little present on your doorstep every month for only $10. Click here to join!)
This months theme is Fashionista which we can totally relate to.
1. Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner: We’re all about honesty here. With that, I was iffy about trying this silver liner. It goes on super smooth and is really pretty mixed with my usual black liner.
2. Dr Brandt Pores No More® Vacuum Cleaner™: This cleanser instantly tightened my pores. Right. Away. There’s an amazing cooling sensation that’s an added bonus.
3. Macadamia Professional™ Flawless Cleansing Conditioner: Love an XL (yet TSA friendly!) sample! More iffy-ness here. No suds and all-in-one? EEEK. I plan on giving this a try over the weekend. Stay tuned…
4. Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara: Oh my! Another large sample! I’ve actually used this mascara before and love it. No clumps, flakes or smearing.
5. Naobay Body Radiance Lotion: Perfect to keep on my desk to apply throughout the day. A light, lemony scent.
This might be one of the best Birchboxes yet! ALL of this is one adorable box for $10? It doesn’t get much better than that. Click here to join!
Y’all. This is happening. Braid buns are quickly becoming the new sock bun and we feel GREAT about it. Please check out this Fishtail Braid Tutorial from Birchbox. You’re sure to be sporting this hairstyle ASAP: