Let’s face it. We all long for gorgeous, luxurious locks. It’s time to get your hair back to its cooler-weather glory and get this… it’s happening in the kitchen.
Eggs are a great way to get biotin, a B vitamin that helps strengthen brittle strands. For a spicy twist, scramble with sriracha and fresh cilantro!
Red bell peppers have a TON of vitamin C to protect your tresses from UV rays. Try dipping slices in hummus for an afternoon snack.
Similar to salmon, barramundi is rich in omega 3 which works to keep your hair hydrated and shiny! Bonus: it has half the calories of salmon. Fish tacos anyone?
Do you have additional tips for better hair? Share them with us on twitter! @glitter_blog_xo
We have done the legwork for you, girls. Here are the best products to refresh your makeup bags and beyond. BONUS: they’re all under $20. You’re welcome.
1. | 2. | 3. | 4. | 5. | 6. | 7. | 8. | 9. | 10. | 11.
The temps are inching (ever so slowly) lower, and we’re definitely in a fall state of mind. It’s so close we can smell it. For today’s Friday Five, we’ve rounded up exactly what you need to know to have your most gorgeous season ever.
Smoky Eye // There are tons of “how-to” videos out there. This one by Into the Gloss is simple and easy to follow.
Polished Brows // Create the best brows to frame those smoky eyes with this how-to from the Zoe Report.
Contouring 101 // Kontour like a Kardashian, end up looking like a Klown. Instead, commit this super-simple tutorial to memory. You’ll look like yourself…only more defined.
Nude Lips // You already know how much we love a nude lip. This look is perfect with fall’s smoky eye – that whole “accentuate one feature” thing, you know. Check out this comprehensive roundup of nude lipstick shades.
Dark Nails // In case you missed it, here’s our round-up of our favorite tried and true fall nail shades.
What’s your favorite beauty look for fall? Tag us on Instagram at @glitter_blog_xo!
With the first official day of fall just around the corner, it’s time to darken up our manicures. Who doesn’t love a deep, rich nail color? Here are a few of our all time FAVE fall hues:
While a bright, bold lip will always be in style (and looks SO GOOD on people not named Laura and Jennifer)…we’ve always been pretty loyal to a nude lip. SO, we were psyched to see this look on the fall runways. Here are our picks for the best nude lipsticks, plus a few tips for a flawless application.
- Laura’s Favorite // Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick in Creme (#230) // This super creamy lipstick is infused with shea butter, making it extra moisturizing. It glides on really smooth and while it’s not matte, it’s definitely not super shimmer-y.
this is not as bronze-y in real life.
- Jennifer’s Favorite // Wet N Wild Megalast Lip Color in Bare It All (#902C) // Great color, great price.
it’s $1.97. so just try it.
- Laura’s Second Favorite // Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate in #113 // This is truly matte – a great look if you’re doing a sultry cat-eye and dramatic lashes. The only drawback is that the matte “lasting finish”can be kind of drying.
just add a cat-eye.
- Christa’s Favorite // LORAC Cream Lipstick in Long Kiss // Our friend and makeup guru Christa recommends this peachy nude. It feels great going on, and provides a hint more color than these others.
Once you’ve picked your shade, try these tips for an application worthy of a make-up pro:
- Exfoliate // Use a lip scrub, or improvise with an old toothbrush and vaseline.
- Apply Lip Balm // Choose one that’s waxy, not oily or glossy. Easy does it.
- Apply Concealer// Pat it on and around your lips with your finger. This neutralizes the natural pink of your lips.
- Line Lips // Use a nude liner one shade darker than your skin tone, and then fill in your whole lip with the pencil to create a neutral base.
- Apply lipstick //
- Apply gloss // Use a clear gloss with no shimmer or sparkle. TA-DA!
‘Tis the season for a bathroom + product overhaul and this is the weekend to stock up… it’s tax-free weekend in Georgia! Here are some items we’re currently coveting. ATTN: Chipotle fans. There’s a little something special in here for you!
If you’re like us, you really put on the color during spring and summer months. Let’s face it, we live in neutrals the rest of the year (ask L about her black v-neck sweater…)
With all of this color being worn we need a solid, natural manicure to avoid clashing (the horror.) Here are some nude hues we’re feeling:
OPI Do You Take Lei Away?
top of the list for good reason. the perfect nude polish.
Sally Hansen Lush
a nude hue with a velvety finish.
full coverage with 2 coats. perfection.
What polish are you wearing this summer?