We know. The struggle is REALLY real when it comes to gifting for the men in our lives. Allow us to help:
Our 2016 Valentine’s Day Gift Guide | For her! (For him to follow because we all need help there.)
Pass this along to your sweetie and tell them to get to work! X0
Wishing you and yours the Merriest Christmas! Love,
Happy thanksgiving! 2015 has been an especially wonderful year for us. We celebrated Jennifer and Jay’s marriage in April, we welcomed Baby Ed in September… and there have been countless other small victories and miracles in between. And of course we are thankful for all you who read this blog! We are truly blessed beyond measure. We hope you all have a relaxing day with family or friends (or maybe both!), with plenty of time to reflect on your own blessings as well. xo
You know how adult children are always assigned something non-essential at family Thanksgiving, like an appetizer or “the salad”? Well, I’ve graduated from the salad to…side vegetable!
I’m actually really excited because I lovvve sides at Thanksgiving. Turkey isn’t my thing, so I always load up on veggies. Behold, my vegetable contribution this year: Bacon-y Brussels Sprouts. Bonus: this recipe is SUPER SIMPLE and easy – the perfect thing to whip up for that last-minute Friendsgiving celebration tonight.
Bacon-y Brussels Sprouts
What You Need:
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs baby brussels sprouts, washed and trimmed (halved if very large)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 ounces diced bacon (3 – 4 slices)
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots (about 2)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (1-2 cloves)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- chopped fresh parsley, if desired
What You Do:
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the brussels sprouts and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until lightly browned, tossing often.
- Add the bacon and saute for ten more minutes, or until well browned.
- Reduce the heat and add the shallots and the garlic. Saute for two more minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and slowly add the chicken broth, a little at a time. Cook for ten more minutes or until the sprouts are tender, tossing often.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
NOTE: This recipe is adapted from Par 3: Tea Time at the Masters (a Glitter Life favorite). The original recipe called for the addition of balsamic vinegar and fresh bread crumbs at the end. We don’t think you need either one…the brussels sprouts are SO GOOD on their own that we didn’t want to mask their flavor or beautiful color. But if you’re new to brussels sprouts (or you think your family will be weirded out by them), you may want to experiment by adding one or both of those ingredients to this recipe. Honestly, if you get fresh Brussels sprouts you can’t go wrong!
We woke up this past Sunday like it was Christmas morning… Sugar Paper Holiday for Target had ARRIVED. We legit couldn’t get our orders in fast enough. Here are a few of the gift-wrapping goods we scooped, but let’s be honest… we scooped pretty much everything.
Now, time to buy presents to wrap! Shouldn’t be a problem…
It finally feels like SPRING! Whether you’re headed to a golf tournament (J), hosting an egg hunt (L) or just relaxing with family, this beautiful weather calls for fresh spring threads. These are our top five looks for the next 48 hours.
1. Sophisticated Simplicty. Church and brunch with the family calls for a simple shape in a pretty pastel. Add a metallic clutch and sandals.
2. Classic with a Twist. Repurpose your favorite white button-down by adding a pastel midi skirt and ladylike heels.
3. Just Add Flowers. Spring-ify your favorite dark skinnies with a lightweight floral kimono and bright heels. This look is perfect for meeting up with friends for lunch on Saturday. Check out more casual outfit ideas here.
4. Prints Charming. This playful look works beautifully for a fancy brunch or Easter celebration. Tone down the pattern with a kitten heel or even a cute flat. Bonus points: add a low bun and bright pink lip.
5. Hey, Shorty. We DIE for short sets. Love this patterned one, or you can keep it simple in all-white. Perfect for an afternoon shopping or walking the golf course. Shorts call for a great tan – fake one with our helpful hints!
Whatever your plans, we hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.