Hello, spring! After two weeks of unseasonably freezing temps, it’s beginning to warm up again. The weather has us in the mood to entertain, so we’re sharing our spring party essentials today. Because who’s not in the mood to throw a little party at home?
Ice down beer and wine in a blue and white planter. Mine is on loan (permanently? eek) from my mother-in-law, but this one is super similar.
Display glassware and cocktail napkins (these and these from H&M are adorable and stupid cheap) on a pewter tray. I received this one as a wedding gift almost twelve years ago – it’s still available on Wayfair! – and we also like this simple one. A reptile tray would add sophisticated texture to a lacquered table, and this cute little pineapple tray is perfect for a cheeseball and crackers.
Assorted crackers (we recommend Carr’s Water Crackers)
What You Do:
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Peel or slice off the top rind of the brie and scrape out a small amount of cheese to form a shallow hollow in the center. Place the cheese in a small baking dish like a pie pan. (If you plan on transferring the cheese to a serving dish after it’s baked, line the pie pan with a square of parchment paper.)
Mix the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, vanilla, zest, and nutmeg. Top the brie with this cranberry mixture and sprinkle the hazelnuts over it.
Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the cheese is gooey. This is a delicate process, and baking time can vary. The goal is to take the cheese out after it has softened, but just before it collapses into a heap.
If desired, lift the parchment paper and use a spatula to carefully slide the cheese onto a prettier serving dish. Garnish with a rosemary sprig and serve immediately with assorted crackers.
Whew, we made it through another week! J’s been jetting around the South for work and L’s been getting used to having an infant in the house again…so we’re feeling especially grateful for the next 48-ish hours. Here’s hoping your weekend will be a mix of fancy cheese, champagne and DIY design!
5 // Perfect Sunday Afternoon Project // After a weekend of football (and possibly struggling to re-wire that Sunburst Light Fixture), indulge your creative side and re-style your coffee table. Use this handy tutorial from Domino as a guide. As if we needed another excuse to purchase pink peonies! Happy Friday, yall.
You guys. Two big pieces of news. 1) J IS BACK. Stay tuned for posts on her amazing honeymoon. 2) We are ready for the WEEKEND. We know you’re shocked. Check out five things that are making us happy right now:
1. L Space Print Wrap Top. L*Space makes the best bikinis; every year, one silhouette dominates Pinterest. Last year it was the Audrey fringe top; this year it’s the Chloe wrap top. We love how the wrap-style gives us maximum adjustability. Bonus: the print reverses to basic black.
2. TOMS Aviators.We are both devoted Ray-Ban wearers…but right now we’re really loving these Kilgore aviators at our favorite do-good company, Toms. For every pair sold, Toms will give a child the gift of sight. We’re offering a special discount on these just for you. Call Sole at 912-764-7463, mention “The Glitter Life” and get an extra 15% off a pair for yourself.
4.Watermelon Salad. One of our favorite summertime recipes. So easy to throw together – all you need is watermelon, mint and feta.
5. How To: Host a Successful Sale on Instagram! If you need a little extra cash to support your bikini and sunglasses habit (ahem), check out these handy suggestions for throwing a killer closet sale on Instagram. Haul out your gently-used duds, snap some pics, and start making money. Then spend it on cute cocktail napkins.
PS – We’re excited to celebrate our wonderful mothers this weekend! Share your Mother’s Day pics with us on Instagram (@glitter_blog_xo).
Today we’re flashing back to J’s bachelorette party in New York City to bring you a restaurant review. On the recommendation of our girls at BCBGeneration, we booked a Sunday brunch reservation at Beauty + Essex, a bi-level, chandelier-lit restaurant and bar on the Lower East Side.
B+E has a retro vibe and features a pawn shop entrance (cool but also a little confusing).
After cocktails at the bar, we moved into the main restaurant for brunch. The real scene at B+E is the champagne brunch upstairs (which was just getting cranked up by the time we left)…but we were in the mood for something more chill after our flights the day before. If you’re looking for great people watching, definitely request to go upstairs!
We enjoyed brunch at a large round table (great for conversation) under a pretty skylight.
What We Drank + Ate:
Platinum Peacock [virgin] Cocktail – cucumber, granny smith apple, pineapple, mint
Happy Friday! J’s honeymooning in Italy this week and next, so L is holding down the glitter fort.
Here’s what we’re feeling right now: a charming springtime salad, the cutest tote, a must-try cocktail, how to use your iPhone (really) and a quiz we dare you to take. Hope you love these links as much as we do!
1. Salad Nicoise. We’re craving fresh flavor right now, and this gorg salad (half the joy is in the arranging) brought to you by A Beautiful Mess fits the bill perfectly.
3. Grapefruit Paloma. What’s a Paloma, you ask? A delicious tequila-based cocktail with just the right amount of fizz. So refreshing. Just looking at this picture makes us wish it was happy hour.
4. 20 Cool iPhone Hacks.This article details 20 useful tricks to get the most out of your beloved iPhone. Some you’ll recognize, most you won’t. At least we didn’t! Upgrade to fancy quotation marks? Don’t mind if we DO.
5. Quiz. Flashback to our Seventeen magazine days – who doesn’t love a good quiz? Take the “How Design Savvy Are You?” quiz by Domaine and test whether you know your book-matched from your herringbone. Spoiler: L is a Design Master! But you probably knew that already. 😉
Happy Friday! This weekend, J’s doing a trial run for wedding hair and makeup (EEEK!) and L’s working in the retail game, but we’re both going to make time to watch a little of the Masters and sip an Azalea Cocktail. In the meantime, take a few minutes to check out these links to stuff we love.
YAY for the weekend. It’s actually sunny today – we’re crossing our fingers this lasts for a few days. Here’s what we’re loving right now!
1. Nude Lip. After a winter of bright red lips, we’re really feeling this pared down nude lip. Now, if we can just get a tan…
2. Homemade Pizza. L and Joe made this delicious Spinach Artichoke Pizza (sans artichokes – forgot them at the store!) this week, and it’s probably making a reappearance on Sunday night. It’s super easy, and we love the combination of flavors. Even Baby Joe gobbled it up.
3. Mimosa caddy. Making mimosa caddies is tops on our spring to-do list because we love champagne, we love pink, and we love DIY. And just because.
4.ASOS Floral Midi Skirt. J’s wearing this adorable floral midi to brunch in NYC during her bach party. Stay tuned for details!
5. Good read. We love this article about finding your style when you hit 30.
J and L reunite at Mount Vintage this weekend for J’s bridal shower – hope you guys get to spend the weekend with good friends, too!