It’s Monday, and we’re motivated! To eat healthy, that is. This New Year’s Resolution Bowl is the perfect dish to get your week started off right. Swing by the store tonight, make one for dinner, and then pack one for lunch tomorrow. Everyone needs a little detox after the weekend, right?
New Year’s Resolution Bowl
Prep Time: 10 mins (practically nothing!) / Yield: 1 serving
What You Need:
- 3 cups greens, chopped (kale, arugula, spinach – use a mix of your faves)
- 2 cups raw veggies (for example, ½ cup shredded carrots, ½ cup shredded red cabbage, and 1 red bell pepper, sliced…or whatever mix you like to equal 2 cups)
- ¼ cup Quinoa (or other healthy grain, like brown rice)
- ¼ cup Chickpeas (or other protein, like tofu, 1 hard boiled egg, etc)
- ¼ of an Avocado (or other healthy fat, like a handful of walnuts)
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
What You Do:
- In a large bowl, add the bed of greens.
- Top the salad with the carrots, bell pepper, cabbage, quinoa, chickpeas, and avocado.
- In a small bowl mix the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard. Adjust accordingly and drizzle over your bowl of goodness. Mix it up and enjoy!
View the original recipe (and tons of ideas for substitutions) here. Eat, feel good, repeat.
all photos: The Whole Tara