Our mouths watered when we saw this Caramelized Pear, Crispy Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pizza on How Sweet It Is. We adapted the recipe to use refrigerated pizza dough. Because we’re busy, okay? Behold, the perfect fall pizza.
What You Need:
- refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 semi-ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 ounces fontina cheese, freshly grated
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- balsamic glaze for drizzling
What You Do:
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease large dark or nonstick cookie sheet with shortening or cooking spray. Unroll dough on cookie sheet. Press out dough to 15×10-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle cornmeal evenly over dough. Bake 7 minutes; remove from oven.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat and add olive oil and butter. Add in the pears with the salt and nutmeg and cover, cooking for 15 minutes and stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat more if they begin to brown too much. Stir in the brown sugar and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes until golden. Set aside.
- Add about three fourths of the fontina on the dough along with the garlic and shallots. Spread the pears all over the pizza and cover them with the prosciutto. Crumble the blue cheese over top and add the rest of the fontina. Bake for 7 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly. Remove and drizzle balsamic on top. Enjoy!