It’s been a while since we geared up for “back to school” shopping madness. Still, we want in on the excitement of creating a new look for the new school year. So instead of new clothes, we’re opting for a beauty refresher. It’s time to switch up our hairstyles and tweak our beauty routine. We’re making the following changes, starting this weekend:
1. Sophisticated Hair. Bye bye, side braid. It’s time for something more polished. Try a simple side twist to add interest to gorgeous loose curls. Now, if only the humidity would cooperate…
2. Fresh Nails. J came across the most PERFECT fall color by Essie (shocking!) this week. You need Bahama Mama in your life this season.
3. Dark Lips. Fall means darker, richer everything, so ditch your summer nude gloss for a spicy lip color. We heart this deep red lip + LBD combo.
4. Mermaid Eyes. We’re firm believers in easy make-up that takes you from day to night. Smokey eyes can do just that – just refresh your eyeliner and add a layer or two of shadow. This teal smokey eye is a nice update from our usual black and grey look.
5. Skin Care. Undo your summer sun damage with a retinol product. L swears by this SkinMedica Tri-Retinol Complex. Don’t believe us? It was recently featured in Marie Claire magazine! Add it to your usual anti-aging routine: switch your usual anti-wrinkle products to every other night, and use this on the off nights. If you’re in Statesboro, you can scoop this at Dr. Marc Bisseck’s Med Spa.
How are you planning to update your beauty routine for fall? Tweet us at @glitter_blog_xo. And don’t forget to follow along with us on Instagram this weekend at @glitter_blog_xo.