After Mellow Mushroom‘s Stuffed Portobello Mushroom appeared on our Instagram Diary last week, we had a few requests for the recipe. We couldn’t find the exact recipe, but this one is darn close! Enjoy.
Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
What You Need:
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 of 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped raw spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- herb vinaigrette salad of your choice
- balsamic glaze (try easy this recipe)
1. Gently brush mushroom caps with a dry tea towel. Don’t wash them!
2. Mix together artichoke hearts, feta, tomatoes and spinach.
3. Gently stuff the mushrooms until full. Sprinkle cheese over each.
4. Place the stuffed mushrooms in a baking tray. Remember that mushrooms release juice when they cook, so you don’t want to use a baking sheet. You need sides that come up higher than the shrooms.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
6. Toss mixed greens with a light coating of herb vinaigrette dressing.
7. Place one mushroom cap on top of 2 cups of salad greens. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.