This past weekend, Jay’s sweet step-mom, Beth, made this delicious salad. I had to capture the process to share with you all because it is out of this WORLD! And healthy, too: check out this link to read about the benefits of eating kale.
- 8 cups of torn/stemmed kale
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp honey
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Coarse ground black pepper
- 1 medium mango
- Pine nuts or walnuts toasted
- Mix in large bowl: kale, drizzle olive oil, half squeezed lemon and sea salt. Knead together until soft (about a minute).
- In another bowl mix 1/2 cup olive oil, honey, the other half of the lemon. Whisk together and pour over kale.
- Dice the mango and fold it into the salad.
- Add black pepper to taste (more is better!) Refrigerate overnight. This will stay fresh for a week! Good alone or with fish.
Speaking of mango, our friend Kathleen made our Shrimp-Mango-Avocado Cups last week.They look delicious!
Do you have any fun salad recipes to share with us? Tweet us! @glitter_blog_xo