If you’re like L and me, you love to get creative with your nail polish but you don’t have the time (or the cash) to hop into the nail salon every week for a manicure. We are definitely advocates of the DIY home mani BUT regular polish chips after a few days. So what’s a glitter girl to do?
Thanks to my coworker Amber, let me share how to get the same shiny, long-lasting results of a professional gel manicure right in the comfort of your own home. The key ingredient:
It’s not a quick process, but the results (and $$ you save!) are totally worth it. All you need is Gelous Nail Gel by ACI, the nail color of your choice (any brand), and a fast-drying top coat.
Here are the steps:
1. Apply two coats of Gelous, leaving a few minutes of dry time in between.
2. Add a layer of your polish (shown here: Tart Deco by Essie).
3. Apply one more layer of Gelous.
4. Apply a second coat of your polish.
5. Apply a fast-drying top coat. We love Good to Go by Essie.
My mani has lasted over a WEEK with no chips. Can’t beat that! Removal is simple: just use acetone polish remover.
What do you think, ladies? Will you be running out to grab Gelous on your lunch break? L is. I promise, it’s the best $5.99 you’ll ever spend.