Happy Monday, glitter girls!
We hope you all had a fantastic weekend. J had a blast in Charleston this weekend (pics coming soon). L spent the weekend being domestic, which included making THE MOST amazing cupcakes on Saturday. Here’s the super-awesome, very easy, amazingly-delicious recipe. Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis, passed on by L’s mom.
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cupcakes
- 1 box brownie mix (yep)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 oz. light cream cheese
- 4 oz marscapone cheese (which I didn’t think they’d have at Walmart but they totally did)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place walnuts and chocolate chips in bowl and add 1/4 cup DRY brownie mix. Stir to coat.
- Mix brownie mix, eggs, oil and water until well blended. Fold in walnut/chip mixture.
- Spoon mixture into 12 muffin cups. If you can master the ice cream scoop method to get perfectly uniform cupcakes, go for it. I can’t (WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?), so I just used a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Place cupcake on wire rack to cool.
- After cupcakes have cooled completely, make frosting.
- Beat cream cheese, marscapone and powdered sugar with a hand mixer until fluffy. Frost cupcakes. I used a butter knife to frost, but you can get fancy and use this professional method.
The original recipe called for toasted walnuts, but I forgot and threw them in un-toasted. I don’t think it mattered – toasted walnuts would be delicious, but they don’t make or break the recipe. The original recipe also called for mini chocolate chips, which I couldn’t find. Again, nice if you can get them but not necessary. I actually liked the big chunks of chocolate in the cupcakes! The original recipe called for THREE CUPS of powdered sugar (my teeth hurt just thinking about that), but I only used one. I prefer a tangier icing, but if you like super sweet, go for it and use all three cups.
What sweet treats are you making for Valentine’s Day? The Cupid’s Cloud dessert from our Friday Five is perfect for two OR for a family; these cupcakes are just the thing for a party or the office. Tweet us your ideas @glitter_blog_xo!