We know. The struggle is REALLY real when it comes to gifting for the men in our lives. Allow us to help:Continue Reading
Valentine’s Day is one of our favorite holidays. What’s not to love about a day filled with happiness, treats, cheesy cards, hugs, kisses etc etc? Here are five things we’re crushing on this weekend:
2. ASOS Sweater With Heart Elbow Patches: Wear your heart on your sleeve. Literally.
3. Chloe Love Story Perfume: So fresh. So amazing.
4. Kate Spade Heart Dish: Because you need the constant (adorable) reminder.
5. J. Crew Foliage Earrings: Girls…We always need fun jewels. Always.Continue Reading
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Whether cupid is stupid or you’re spending the day with someone special, you NEED a fun playlist. Now, drop the chocolates and get down:
3. Maroon 5 | Sugar.
We’re not big crafters, but something about Valentine’s Day inspires us to actually MAKE something for our loved ones. These are our five favorite ideas for homemade cards and gifts. (Difficulty level: SUPER EASY)
You Light Up My Life Card / Click here for how-to.
Show us your Valentines crafts on IG at @glitter_blog_xo!Continue Reading
Love is in the air and what better way to celebrate that with a deliciously romantic cocktail? We’re totally feeling this festive toddy from The Stylish Type:
Happy Valentine’s Day, glitter girls! We heart you.
Over the years, my home decorating style has evolved from a strictly neutral palette (cream, black and khaki – classic to be sure, but also pretty boring) to one with more and more colors (a little green here, some turquoise there). Over the last year, I’ve added a few red and pink accents to my home. Here, my two faves.
And now, a few things on my To Buy list. Joe, stop reading.
What do you think? Are you a neutral-only person, or is your house a riot of color? Tweet us @glitter_blog _xo!
Happy Monday, glitter girls!
We hope you all had a fantastic weekend. J had a blast in Charleston this weekend (pics coming soon). L spent the weekend being domestic, which included making THE MOST amazing cupcakes on Saturday. Here’s the super-awesome, very easy, amazingly-delicious recipe. Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis, passed on by L’s mom.
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cupcakes
- 1 box brownie mix (yep)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 oz. light cream cheese
- 4 oz marscapone cheese (which I didn’t think they’d have at Walmart but they totally did)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Place walnuts and chocolate chips in bowl and add 1/4 cup DRY brownie mix. Stir to coat.
- Mix brownie mix, eggs, oil and water until well blended. Fold in walnut/chip mixture.
- Spoon mixture into 12 muffin cups. If you can master the ice cream scoop method to get perfectly uniform cupcakes, go for it. I can’t (WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?), so I just used a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Place cupcake on wire rack to cool.
- After cupcakes have cooled completely, make frosting.
- Beat cream cheese, marscapone and powdered sugar with a hand mixer until fluffy. Frost cupcakes. I used a butter knife to frost, but you can get fancy and use this professional method.
The original recipe called for toasted walnuts, but I forgot and threw them in un-toasted. I don’t think it mattered – toasted walnuts would be delicious, but they don’t make or break the recipe. The original recipe also called for mini chocolate chips, which I couldn’t find. Again, nice if you can get them but not necessary. I actually liked the big chunks of chocolate in the cupcakes! The original recipe called for THREE CUPS of powdered sugar (my teeth hurt just thinking about that), but I only used one. I prefer a tangier icing, but if you like super sweet, go for it and use all three cups.
What sweet treats are you making for Valentine’s Day? The Cupid’s Cloud dessert from our Friday Five is perfect for two OR for a family; these cupcakes are just the thing for a party or the office. Tweet us your ideas @glitter_blog_xo!
EEEE HAPPY FRIDAY!
Next Thursday is Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re spending it with your significant other or your girlfriends, we’ve got five things to get you in the spirit.
1. Nails (of course). Go all out with this perfectly red mani.
2. Sweet Treat. You’ve got fifteen minutes, right? Whip up this easy (you can even make it ahead of time) “Cupid’s Cloud” raspberry and cream dessert from the fabulous blog A Pretty Life. It’s romantic enough for the two of you, but it’ll also please a crowd. Winning!
3. Cards. L’s friend Lauren went Pinteresting and made adorable valentines for her daughter’s class (a riff on the one below). You could also go old-school with retro kiddie valentines from the Dollar Store.
4. The perfect gift. Guys are under a LOT of pressure on Valentine’s Day. Come on, get him something too. Think out of the box (zing!) and put together a cute a grab-bag of his favorite things.
5. Outfit. We heart these lovely looks from Forever 21. OMG, we are on fire today.
J’s off to Charleston for a girls’ weekend. L’s doing a re-set at Dish (gotta make room for our new spring stuff!). What are y’all up to this weekend? Tweet us at @glitter_blog_xo!