Breast cancer is a cause close to our glitter hearts. L’s mom and mother-in-law and J’s aunt are proud breast cancer survivors. October is breast cancer awareness month, and some of our favorite companies have made it super easy to support this worthy cause. Check out some of our faves below. Shopping has never been so satisfying.
2. Essie is participating in “31 days of pink” by featuring thirty-one unique shades of pink polish (one for every day of the month) in October. Our faves are Check Up, a bright bubble-gum pink, and Good Morning Hope, a paler pink hue.
3. Yummy candle company Archipelago has partnered with Breast Cancer Angels. Fifty percent of all proceeds of the Bougie De La Vie collection will be donated to underprivileged cancer patients and their families.
4. Up-and- coming golf apparel brand Chase54 (previously featured here) is donating proceeds from these cute men’s and women’s tees to Save The Ta.Tas. Do us a solid and follow Chase54 on Facebook and Twitter.
How are you supporting breast cancer research this October?
Y’all. It has been the longest week ever. Here’s what’s on our agenda for the weekend:
1. Reynolds Plantation: It might officially be fall, but it is still *hot* in Georgia. There’s nothing I love more than a weekend getaway to Lake Oconee. It’s an hour ‘s drive from Atlanta–totally worth it.
2. Fresh Fall Salads: We’re all about whipping up a new salad. Here are some fall recipes that look super delicious (and easy. love that).
3. Tee It Up: This time, we’re not talking golf. Ditch your LBD and opt for a casual t-shirt paired with a fancy skirt this weekend.
4. Matte Nails: As always, we gotta have new nails for the weekend. We were unsure about matte nails at first, but now we’re in love. Check it:
Can you believe it’s already SEPTEMBER? It’s actually chilly (ish) this morning in Georgia. *Fingers crossed* that this amazing weather continues.
September is exciting for several reasons. One of the best is college football tailgating (see also: New York Fashion Week). J and I are pretty much professional tailgaters. Here are our tips for a glitter-fabulous event.
Make it pretty.
1. Picnic Basket – If you’re tailgating on the grass (as opposed to a parking lot), a real picnic basket lends a little vintage flair to your set-up. Plus, it holds all your stuff and makes clean up easier.
2. Napkins – Of course, you can always buy napkins in your team’s colors. from your local party supply store. Or you can go with something a little cuter/dressier, like these napkins designed for fans of L’s alma mater, the University of Georgia.
3. Cocktails: Sure, you’ll want to put in plenty of time playing hostess at your tailgate…but (if you’re anything like us) you’ll also want to take a few laps and visit old friends you don’t get to see everyday. Grab one of these and go!
4. Tablecloth – Don’t be an amateur. Use a real tablecloth. Thrown over a lightweight table, it instantly elevates your space.
5. Entertainment – You gotta have tunes at your tailgate (unless you’re one of those people who insists on listening to the “pre-game show” or whatever it’s called). You already know how much we love our Sound Freaq. Make a playlist and get your friends to do the same–this wireless blue-tooth speaker will play music for hours, straight from your iPhone. Also, who doesn’t love to play a little corn-hole (or bean bag toss) before a big game?
Everything is so casual these days: mass texts, Facebook invites, etc. Why not do something extra special for the big game? Etsy (where else?) has some super cute printable invites. We love these and these.
Every girl has her favorites. Our non-negotiables:
1. Bloody Marys – Vodka. Zing Zang Mix. Ice. Lemons, limes, celery, pickles. Garnish to your heart’s content. (Or, check out three more exotic Bloody Mary recipes here.)
2. Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches – A Southern classic and a tailgate staple. Buy your pimiento cheese at your local deli or make it yourself–it’s super easy! Try our sophisticated four-cheese recipe, or go old-school with this one.
3. Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies – This easy recipe satisfies sweet and salty tooths (teeth?) alike.
What’s your fave game-day cocktail? What snack can’t you live without? Let us know!
Happy Monday, Glitter Girls! J and I are running around today, getting ready for our trip. (Maybe you’ve heard about it?) Packing for a whole week has been a bit of a challenge. Here’s what we made room for in our suitcases…
Clearly we’re taking more than this…but these are our highlights. What are we missing? What would y’all take if you were going with us? Eeeeeeek, we’re leaving tomorrow!
Ah, Friday…we thought you would never get here! Here’s what we’re wearing/doing/loving for the next forty-eight hours.
1. Nails. We’ve done mint, we’ve done lilac…this weekend we’re rocking this pretty yellow shade. NYC Lexington Yellow is the perfect yellow: not too neon, not too school bus. Sure, this sunny shade screams summer…but we also love it for fall. Picture it with grey, black and cream.
2. Fresh Flowers. Whether you get them from Bi-Lo (L) or the Farmer’s Market (J), fresh flowers make the *biggest* difference at home. Here are some cute ideas you can totally do with a grocery store bouquet.