1. Essie | Marshmallow: White not? Such a perfect spring/summer shade.
2. Colgate Optic White Toothbrush | Whitening Pen: It really doesn’t get much easier than this! Super easy for traveling purposes.
3. Dermalogica | Daily Microfoliant: A product that we will buy over and over. See brighter, smoother skin with one use!
4. EOS | Shave Cream: They know more than just amazing lip balm. Delight your skin with 24 hours of deep, ultra-soothing moisture every time you shave.
5. Tory Burch | Lip Color: That right, ladies. TB is in the beauty biz! As you can imagine, the products are nothing less than amazing. We need this lip color in every shade:
And there you have it, girls. Your beauty buys for the weekend! Did we miss any? Tweet us!Continue Reading
The temp reached 80 in Atlanta yesterday (it’s only temporary…) so naturally we’re updating our wardrobes for Spring. Let it be known when solid, warm weather hits, we live in shorts/flats. Luckily, Zara has some adorable options we will be adding to our wardrobes stat. One of each, please!
Jay and I attended a beautiful winery wedding at Montaluce Winery in Dahlonega, GA over the weekend. Such a chic venue!Continue Reading
Spring is in full force here in Georgia, and we could not be more excited (though we could definitely do without the pollen). The dawn of a new season always inspires us to switch up our fragrance, and this spring we are craving light, fresh scents. Here are some of our faves.
Tom Ford Neroli Portofino: We have both been wearing Tom For Black Orchid for YEARS, so it’s no surprise that we are obsessed with his latest, Neroli Portofino. One spritz and you’ll feel like you’re on the Italian Rivera.
1. Purchase the Beauty To Go Fragrance Sampler For Her from Sephora.
2. Sample Sephora’s most popular scents.
3. Choose a favorite.
4. Redeem a roller ball at no additional charge.
Don’t see your fave spring scent on our list? Tweet us! @glitter_blog_xo.Continue Reading
I love anything salty-sweet, and I’ve been obsessed with White Chocolate Snack Mix ever since Glitter Girl Melanie Herrington made it for our very first Easter Egg Hunt two years ago. I made it again this year, so I thought I’d share the recipe. It’s pretty and perfect for a spring party. Snack on it by the bowlful, or place individual portions in clear cello bags and tie with a pretty ribbon for cute favors.
Ingredients (makes 20 1-cup portions)
- 6 cups cereal (Mel recommends a mix of Golden Grahams, Multi Grain Cheerios and Chex)
- 1 12oz. bag mini M&Ms (try to get the pastel kind!)
- 3 cups pretzels (sticks or mini pretzels)
- 1/2 jar dry roasted peanuts
- 1 bag white chocolate chips, melted
Mix dry ingredients together. Pour melted chocolate over mix and stir to coat. Spread mix out on wax paper to dry. TRY NOT TO EAT IT ALL AT ONCE.
Speaking of Easter, we had a great one with family and friends.
How was your weekend? Share you Easter pics with us on Twitter/Instagram! @glitter_blog_xoContinue Reading
Scratch your weekend shopping itch with one (or all!) of our top five spring denim picks. Here we go, from skinny to wide-leg…and one awesome pair of shorts.
1. Level 99 Janice Ultra Skinny Jean in Canyon Rose –
2. Level 99 Liza Skinny Jean in Hale Navy
3. Paige Denim: Verdugo Ankle Skinny Jeans
4. 7 For All Mankind Kaylie Sexy Bootcut in White
5. 7 For All Mankind Roll Short
We hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend! We will report next week on the Lanier Egg Hunt and Easter.Continue Reading
To us, spring means light, bright entertaining: Easter egg hunts (more on that later!), baby showers, bridesmaids brunches. This season we’re searching for fresh flavors put together in new ways.
These super easy Shrimp-Mango-Avocado Cups are just the thing to make for your next spring party.
This recipe makes one dozen appetizers, but can easily be doubled.
- 1 dozen pre-baked phyllo cups OR 1 dozen homemade phyllo cups (I went the homemade route – recipe follows!)
- 1 dozen cooked shrimp, cut into small pieces (3-4 pieces per shrimp)
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- juice from one lemon
- few grinds of sea salt
- Combine shrimp, mango and avocado pieces in a mixing bowl. Make sure your pieces are uniform in size!
- Whisk sour cream, lemon juice and salt in a separate bowl. Pour over shrimp mixture.
- The original recipe doesn’t call for this, but I advise chilling the shrimp mixture for an hour or two to help it come together.
- Fill the phyllo cups with the shrimp mixture.
Homemade Phyllo Cups
- Thaw one part of a package of frozen phyllo dough. There are two sections to a package. Phyllo dough takes about two hours to thaw.
- Unroll the sheets of phyllo dough. *Gently* lift one sheet of dough onto a cutting board. Brush lightly with melted butter.
- Layer four more sheets on top, brushing each with melted butter.
- Using a small circle cookie cutter, cut one dozen circles out of the dough layers. I didn’t have a cookie cutter, so I divided my dough into 12 squares. It worked okay…but a cookie cutter would certainly give you more uniform cups and make for a better presentation.
- Press dough circles into a LIGHTLY GREASED mini-muffin tin.
- Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes, until golden.
- Let cool before filling.
I was searching for an appetizer to make for Joe’s birthday dinner Sunday night, so I googled a few ingredients I had on hand: shrimp, mango, and phyllo dough. This recipe came up on the Yummly recipe finder – genius!
Share your favorite new recipe with us on Twitter or Instagram @glitter_blog_xo.Continue Reading
J and I are not shy about sharing our love for BCBGeneration, the lower-priced sister line BCBG Max Azria. Year after year, this brand turns out amazing pieces at fantastic prices (almost everything is under $100). J always falls for the dresses, while L is a fan of the separates. We also love their creative social media site, The Generation Nation. Today we bring you a few highlights from our spring 13 BCBGeneration delivery.
First, our three favorite dresses:
Aren’t those dresses just a breath of fresh air? Now, for the separates.
All images courtesy of bcbgeneration.
We could make an entire wardrobe out of just these ten pieces! What’s your favorite apparel brand? Tweet us at @glitter_blog_xo!
We have a mid-week treat for you, Glitter Girls…
It’s finally warming up here in Georgia, and that’s got us thinking about a vacation. Actually, it’s got us thinking about bikinis. L and I are super excited to share our favorite swimsuits from Dish. We picked these out months ago in Vegas and were *beyond* excited when they arrived at the store.
L*Space stole our hearts last year with their fringe bikini tops and beautiful prints. This year, they’ve upped their game with braiding and a super sssssexy reptile print that matches their solids.
All swimwear and flip-flops are in-stock at Dish. Call 912.871.3989 or email email@example.com to order. We can also help you with fit information and advice!
Need a easy/safe tan before you hop into one of these adorbs bikinis? Answer: Yes. Check out our self tanning tips here.
What will you be wearing to the beach this spring/summer? Share your ensembles with us on Twitter and Instagram @glitter_blog_xo.