Hello, spring! After two weeks of unseasonably freezing temps, it’s beginning to warm up again. The weather has us in the mood to entertain, so we’re sharing our spring party essentials today. Because who’s not in the mood to throw a little party at home?
Ice down beer and wine in a blue and white planter. Mine is on loan (permanently? eek) from my mother-in-law, but this one is super similar.
Display glassware and cocktail napkins (these and these from H&M are adorable and stupid cheap) on a pewter tray. I received this one as a wedding gift almost twelve years ago – it’s still available on Wayfair! – and we also like this simple one. A reptile tray would add sophisticated texture to a lacquered table, and this cute little pineapple tray is perfect for a cheeseball and crackers.
Speaking of tonight, Jennifer, Jay and baby James are on their way to Statesboro as we speak. We’re all excited for the Schenkel Invitational Golf Tournament this weekend, which is happening right next door. We’ll be taking pics (hopefully less grainy than the above – the photo struggle is real!), so follow us on Insta to get in on the fun. Happy Friday, and try not to get pinched!
It finally feels like SPRING! Whether you’re headed to a golf tournament (J), hosting an egg hunt (L) or just relaxing with family, this beautiful weather calls for fresh spring threads. These are our top five looks for the next 48 hours.
1. Sophisticated Simplicty. Church and brunch with the family calls for a simple shape in a pretty pastel. Add a metallic clutch and sandals.
2. Classic with a Twist. Repurpose your favorite white button-down by adding a pastel midi skirt and ladylike heels.
3. Just Add Flowers. Spring-ify your favorite dark skinnies with a lightweight floral kimono and bright heels. This look is perfect for meeting up with friends for lunch on Saturday. Check out more casual outfit ideas here.
4. Prints Charming. This playful look works beautifully for a fancy brunch or Easter celebration. Tone down the pattern with a kitten heel or even a cute flat. Bonus points: add a low bun and bright pink lip.
5. Hey, Shorty. We DIE for short sets. Love this patterned one, or you can keep it simple in all-white. Perfect for an afternoon shopping or walking the golf course. Shorts call for a great tan – fake one with our helpful hints!
Whatever your plans, we hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.
2. Halogen “Clarette” Wedge Sandal. This super-versatile sandal (skews classic, not boho) can be paired with pretty much anything in your closet. Corinna actually ended up choosing these!
3. Shop Social Dish “Daff” Wedge. L would call this a “shootie” wedge. We’d pair these taller, chunkier wedges with dark or distressed skinnies and a linen blazer for a dressier look.
4. Jack Rogers Marbella Mid Wedge. Every Southern girl needs a pair of Jack Rogers, and these metallic not-too-high wedges go beautifully with tailored shorts and summer dresses. SPECIAL OFFER for you guys: Order these from Sole Statesboro and get 20% off!
Available in mini, medium and large sizes, this bag is what you’ve been looking for. Need it in a basic black or camel color? They have that. Want a fun, bright hue? They have that, too. So simple, yet so perfect.
What do you think, ladies? Have you found your go-to Spring | Summer bag?