EXCITING NEWS! We’re off to Atlanta Market to scoop the best fall/winter trends for Sole and Dish. Don’t tell anyone, but afterwards we’re sneaking off to Lake Oconee for a quick girls’ getaway. No agenda except…pool time. Read on for our pool-side must-haves.
Can we just say we are READY for the weekend? Rumor has it the weather’s going to be beautiful. J is headed to Lake Oconee; L is ready for some one-on-one time (and a few decorating projects) with Baby Joe. Here are five links we’re loving today!
1. Best Nail Polish Colors for Spring 2015. Weekends are for painting your nails, and this “best of” list will give you plenty of inspiration. In case you’re wondering (and we know you are), at the moment J’s nails are Essie Lilacism and L’s nails are Essie Tart Deco, an old fave that feels fresh right now.
3. Barefoot Workout. If the mention of swimsuit shopping just gave you a panic attack, check out this genius barefoot workout. Sure, you can do it on the beach (maybe awkward)…but also in your backyard, in your living room, etc. We’re both going to do this a few times this weekend.
4. Styling Tricks for Your Home. L and Baby Joe are planning to do some sprucing up around the house this weekend. We loved this list of 11 tricks from Domaine that will make your home look (more) like a magazine.
5. Smores Bites. Our weekends are not complete without a sweet treat. J made these S’mores Bites by the First Year last night to take to the lake. Full disclosure: they did not turn out EXACTLY like the pic…but they sure were tasty. Practice makes perfect, right?
2. Halogen “Clarette” Wedge Sandal. This super-versatile sandal (skews classic, not boho) can be paired with pretty much anything in your closet. Corinna actually ended up choosing these!
3. Shop Social Dish “Daff” Wedge. L would call this a “shootie” wedge. We’d pair these taller, chunkier wedges with dark or distressed skinnies and a linen blazer for a dressier look.
4. Jack Rogers Marbella Mid Wedge. Every Southern girl needs a pair of Jack Rogers, and these metallic not-too-high wedges go beautifully with tailored shorts and summer dresses. SPECIAL OFFER for you guys: Order these from Sole Statesboro and get 20% off!
It was just a normal Tuesday…and then our friend Christy, the super talented owner of Colonial House of Flowers, asked Dish to join in on her collaboration with Pottery Barn Weddings. Also in on the fun were our friends (and former Shop Social Dish girls!) Kristin and Anna of Alva & Austrie. What could be more fun? We had to say yes!
We rounded up our favorite model Maggie and headed over to a beautiful home in Statesboro for the shoot. We were amazed at what the girls at Colonial House and A+A had achieved – a welcoming, spring-y bridal shower in the middle of January (complete with hand-lettered banners, flower crowns, and more fresh flowers than we’ve ever seen this time of year). There was a REAL photographer, of course (the adorable and amazing Izzy Hudgins) and we can’t wait to show you those pictures. But until the official post is up, check our behind-the-scenes pics.
We can’t wait to show you the professional pics – stay tuned!
All creative by colonial house of flowers, alva + austrie, and izzy hudgins photography.
There it is, y’all. The crisp, chill in the air has arrived and we couldn’t be more excited… Excited to update our closets with cool weather essentials! Keep it simple, Sally. All you need are these fall essentials:
Solid long-sleeve tops for layers under blazers and vests:
Faux leather leggings are an absolute must. Pair with heels and a top for a night out or boots for running errands.
While we’re on leather… we ALL need a solid leather jacket. They’re so versatile. Like literally go with everything.
Last, but certainly not least… boots. These babies are at the top of our list right now: