Who says it has to be the holiday season to enjoy a little cranberry!? And there’s never a bad time for brie. We stumbled upon this delicious recipe during a routine check of one of our fave websites Apartment Therapy for reviews of the LexMod Ghost Chair. Enjoy!
Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce
Serves 4 to 6 as an appetizer
What You Need:
- 8-ounce round brie cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce (try this Perfect Cranberry Sauce recipe or this more advanced Spiced Cranberry Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, unroasted and roughly chopped
- Fresh rosemary, to garnish
- Assorted crackers (we recommend Carr’s Water Crackers)
What You Do:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Peel or slice off the top rind of the brie and scrape out a small amount of cheese to form a shallow hollow in the center. Place the cheese in a small baking dish like a pie pan. (If you plan on transferring the cheese to a serving dish after it’s baked, line the pie pan with a square of parchment paper.)
- Mix the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, vanilla, zest, and nutmeg. Top the brie with this cranberry mixture and sprinkle the hazelnuts over it.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the cheese is gooey. This is a delicate process, and baking time can vary. The goal is to take the cheese out after it has softened, but just before it collapses into a heap.
- If desired, lift the parchment paper and use a spatula to carefully slide the cheese onto a prettier serving dish. Garnish with a rosemary sprig and serve immediately with assorted crackers.