We’re focusing on New Year’s Resolutions for this week’s Friday Five. Behold, our top five resolutions for 2013.
1. Upgrade our desks. We’ve talked about work spaces before here and here, so you might think that our offices are already pretty fantastic. Not the case. There’s always room for improvement! We need creative yet functional spaces that allow for major multi-tasking. Stephanie Todaro, contributor to the fabulous blog Design*Sponge, has three new desk set-ups to inspire your own office makeover.
2. Take our manicures to the next level. Normally we just experiment with nail color…but this year we’re going to go beyond polish and try this chic glitter mani from the Glitter Guide (of course).
4. Train for a 5K. L, a sorta-kinda runner, was sidelined in 2012 by injury after injury. This year, it’s back to square one. We’re both going to run a 5k…at some point. Here’s our training plan.
5. Learn to frost cupcakes. It’s time to step up our baking game. We’ve put this off long enough. Valentine’s Day is coming up and WE NEED TO LEARN how to frost cupcakes. Our Best Bites gives the BEST how-to.
Inspire us with your resolutions! Tweet us @glitter_blog_xo.
Our friend (and honorary Glitter Girl) Brooke faces that age-old decorating dilemma: how to beautify a boring cubicle. We put together this wish list of cute cubicle accoutrements, keeping in mind her haute hippie aesthetic. Here you go, Brooke!
Happy Friday, Glitter Girls! Here’s what we’re loving for the weekend:
1. Make it a girl’s night. L was in town last night and we took full advantage of being in the same zip code. Sometimes you just need a little girl time, right? We know you’re busy, but call your BFF this weekend and enjoy some time together. Whether you do wine and cheese at home (like we did), or go someplace fancy (we did that, too)…it’s probably time to reconnect.
2. Home Improvement. Is your bedroom boring? Accent pillows or a throw blanket can make a huge difference. Here are some rooms we love. I’m feeling bright whites and L is thinking COLOR COLOR COLOR.
3. Sock bun! Last week we challenged you to the fishtail braid (see our attempts below). This week… the sock bun! Watch this tutorial Wendy’s Lookbook. She’s super cute, y’all.
4. Outfit. The weather continues to be icky here in Georgia, so we’ve got to bring our own sunshine. We’re feeling these looks for the weekend. (Can you tell we’re obsessed with Atlantic-Pacific?)
5. Design Darling. We are in love with this super cute website! L and I are always looking for ways to spice up our offices (we spend the most time there, why not make it pretty?). We’re working on a “dream desk” post–stay tuned for all our office faves.